Greenwich Schools want your feedback on options for changes to “bell times” beginning in the 2017-18 school year. “Bell times” is shorthand for both start and end times for all Greenwich Schools, from Kindergarten through high school.
The School Start Time (SST) Steering Committee scheduled a series of Community Engagement Sessions both before and after the Superintendent makes his recommendation to the Board of Education.
Community Engagement Session I. Bell Time options will be presented. Afterward there will be opportunity for discussion. Childcare is provided at all evening sessions. Spanish translation will be available at day and evening sessions.
- April 6 – 7:00-9:00 pm at Central Middle School auditorium
- April 7 – 9:00am-11:00am at Greenwich Public Library, Cole Auditorium
- April 19- 6:30pm-8:30pm at the Boys and Girls Club of Greenwich
The April 6 and 7 sessions will be led by School Bus Consultants “SBC” who will present various start time options. Session 1 will be taped and presented at the April 19th session.
• April 6- June 14 – Online Comment Form will be available on the website after the first community engagement session on April 6, and will be available for further public comments through June 14 when the BOE votes on the recommendation.
• April – Options Survey will be disseminated to the public no later than the end of April, 2016. The goal is to provide the SST Steering Committee time to review the responses before the Superintendent’s recommendation to the BOE.
Between April and June the community is invited to attend Board of Education Meetings and School Start Time Meetings.
• April 7. BOE Work Session, 7:00pm, Havemeyer
• April 21. Regular BOE Meeting, 7:00pm, Riverside School (open for public comments)
• May 12. Superintendent’s Recommendation. Superintendent McKersie will present a recommendation on possible changes to K-12 school start (and dismissal) times to the Board of Education on May 12, 2016, 7:00 pm. at North Street School.
A second set of Community Engagement Sessions will provide the public another chance to discuss the recommendation and the plans for implementing changes to bell times, if applicable.
• May 23 at Central Middle School
• May 24 9:00am at Town Hall meeting room.Community forum on Superintendent’s recommendation.
• May 26 7:00pm Regular Board of Education meeting with time for public comment, Western Middle School
Decision Time! June 14, 2016, 7:00 pm The Board of Education is scheduled to act on the Superintendent’s recommendation on June 14, 2016, 7:00 pm at New Lebanon School, includes opportunity for public comment.