The Greenwich Wine + Food Festival presented by PepsiCo has announced the final schedule and participants for this year’s festival, benefiting Food Rescue US and the Town of Greenwich Parks & Recreation Foundation.
- Mike’s Organic Market is hosting an official pre-event on Thursday, September 19, welcoming hometown legend Pete Francis (founder of Dispatch) to perform a special concert at the company’s warehouse in Stamford, including his brand new song “Belong to the Band,” whose music video was shot in New Orleans. Chef Geoff Lazlo will prepare signature New Orleans cuisine for the event, accompanied by craft beers and rosé from Val’s Putnam Wines & Liquor.
- The Opening Night Gala presents “The Big Easy” honoring Martha Stewart, held at Roger Sherman Baldwin Park on Friday, September 20, will honor Martha Stewart for her contributions to the culinary, entertaining and lifestyle worlds, as well as her philanthropic work.
- The 2019 Serendipity Most Innovative Chefs will also be honored (Pasquale Abbatiello, Southern Table, Pleasantville, NY; Matt Aita, Little Beet Table, Greenwich and New York, NY; Aaron Bautista, F.I.S.H Restaurant, Stamford, CT; Evans Corrales, Restaurant at Rowayton Seafood, Rowayton, CT; David Guimaraes, Milestone Restaurant, Redding, CT; Emily Mingrone, Tavern on State, New Haven, CT; Brian Sernatinger, Único, Hartsdale, NY; and Jeff Taibe, Taproot, Bethel, CT). The evening, hosted by Gary Dell’Abate (Executive Producer of The Howard Stern Show, “Baba Booey”) and Rob Burnett (five-time Emmy Award-Winning Writer-Director), will showcase the culinary and music scene of New Orleans, featuring the cuisine of this year’s talented chefs, as well as a number of Festival Ambassador Chefs (William DeLuca, Bailey’s Backyard, Ridgefield, CT; Rui Correia, Douro, Greenwich, CT; Lisa & Steve Maronian, Sweet Lisa’s Exquisite Cakes, Cos Cob, CT; Nick Martschenko, South End and SE Uncorked, New Canaan, CT; Debra Ponzek, Aux Delices, Darien, Greenwich and Riverside, CT; Robin Selden, Marcia Selden Catering, Stamford, CT; Matt Storch, Match, Norwalk, CT and Match Burger Lobster, Westport, CT; Bill Taibe, Jesup Hall, Kawa-Ni and The Whelk, Westport, CT), accompanied with cocktails and carefully curated wine and beer selections. A special silent auction will feature items including trips, local sports and entertainment experiences and restaurant gift certificates, directly benefitting Food Rescue US. The evening will include performances from GRAMMY award-winning Rebirth Brass Band and Kermit Ruffins & The Barbecue Swingers.
- Confirmed weekend celebrity talent includes Emmy Award-winner Valerie Bertinelli (Food Network’s Valerie’s Home Cooking), Geoffrey Zakarian (Chef/Partner The Lambs Club at The Chatwal and Point Royal at The Diplomat Beach Resort, Co-Host of Food Network’s The Kitchen and Judge on Chopped), Margaret Zakarian (President of Zakarian Hospitality), Marc Murphy (Food Network’s Chopped), David Burtka (Life is a Party cookbook), Jessica Tom (Food Network Star season 14 winner), David Rose (Food Network Star season 13 finalist) and caterer to the stars Mary Giuliani (Mary Giuliani Catering & Events). Familiar faces will sit on the judging panels for both the 8th Annual Burger Battle and 6th Annual Top Bartender Showdown, presented by Ketel One. Michael Franti & Spearhead and Little Big Town will close out the 2019 event with live musical performances on the Pepsi stage.
Culinary Village Participants as of Sept 3, 2019:
|Along Came Carol Catering & The Nook|
|Aqui Es Santa Fe|
|Argana Restaurant and Bar|
|Benjamin Steakhouse Group|
|Bon & Viv Spiked Seltzer|
|Bouvery Chocolate Vodka|
|Brotherhood, America’s Oldest Winery|
|bubly Sparkling Water|
|Caballero’s Oaxaka Whiskey|
|Calabro Cheese Corporation|
|Cap, Cork & Cellars|
|Colby Davis of Boston|
|Darien Butcher Shop|
|Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits|
|Embody Wine & Food|
|Evelyn’s Vida de la Granja|
|Fin & Brew|
|Floyd of Leadville|
|Fourth Creek Foods|
|Gelatissimo Artisan Gelato|
|Geronimo Bar & Grill|
|Green & Tonic|
|Half Full Brewery|
|Henny Penny Farm|
|HipV Modern Vintage Jewelry|
|Hotel Zero Degrees|
|Indie Owl Collective|
|Julia Thomas Sweaters|
|Le Rouge Chocolates by Aarti|
|Lock City Brewing|
|Lodge at Woodloch|
|Mike’s Organic Delivery|
|Mom’s Magic Masala Seasoning|
|MYX Creative Kitchen|
|MYX Creative Kitchen|
|Nit Noi Provisions LLC|
|Nod Hill Brewery|
|Palmetto Sauce Company|
|Panka Peruvian Bistro|
|Park City Honey Co.|
|Renaissance Westchester Hotel|
|Rudy’s Executive Transportation|
|Rums of Puerto Rico|
|Salt Brewing CO.|
|Salt to Trail Wines|
|Some Things Fishy Catering, Ltd.|
|The Capitol Theatre|
|The Two Oh Three|
|Tomatillo Taco Joint|
|Walter’s Hot Dogs|
|Wooster Street Meats|
- 12:30-7:30pm – Lawn Games presented by Tanqueray will include favorite backyard games to challenge your friends and other event guests.
- 12:30-5:45pm – The Celebrity Green Room will host celebrities and culinary experts in a luxury lounge while being interviewed by Serendipity contributing editors Chef Matt Storch and Chef Robin Selden, as well as the Meet the Masters discussions.
David Burtka (12:30pm-12:50pm)
Geoffrey & Margaret Zakarian (1:00pm-1:20pm)
Valerie Bertinelli (1:30pm – 1:50pm)
Jessica Tom and David Rose (2:00pm-2:20pm)
Lindsay Perkins and Christian Petroni (2:30pm-2:50pm)
Marc Murphy and Mary Giuliani (3:00pm-3:20pm)
Meet the Masters One: Marc Murphy, David Burtka, David Rose, Jessica Tom, Christian Petroni (4:00pm-4:45pm)
Meet the Masters Two: Valerie Bertinelli, Geoffrey and Margaret Zakarian, Michel Nischan (5:00pm-5:45pm)
- 1:00-6:00pm – Two stages will feature cooking demonstrations from celebrated local experts and favorite television culinary stars.
Kitchen Stage One
David Rose – Oxtail Fried Rice (1:30pm-2:00pm)
Marc Murphy – Spaghetti Alla Carbonara (2:30pm-3:00pm)
Christian Petroni – Straciatella Soup (3:30pm-4:00pm)
Lindsay Perkins – Sugar Cookies with Bakery Buttercream (4:30pm-5:00pm)
Mary Giuliani – Cocktails & Tiny Hot Dogs: New Ways to Serve Everyone’s Favorite Party Food and Drink (5:30pm-6:00pm)
Kitchen Stage Two
Jessica Tom – Apple Cider Pork (1:00pm-1:30pm)
David Burtka – Pecan Streusel (2:00pm-2:30pm)
Geoffrey & Margaret Zakarian – Cast Iron Mac & Cheese, Yankee Pot Roast and the Northeastern Cocktail (3:00pm-3:30pm)
Valerie Bertinelli – Rosemary Gin Fizz and Brown Sugar Sriracha Bacon Bites (4:00pm-4:30pm)
Little Big Town’s Kimberly Schlapman – Kimberly’s Chicken and Dumplings (5:00-5:30pm)
- 12:45-6:15pm – The Tastings 101 stage will host tasting seminars with mixologists, brew masters and sommeliers, as well as host our Top Bartender Showdown.
Rums of Puerto Rico (12:45pm-1:15pm)
Ketel One (1:45pm-2:15pm)
Don Julio (2:45pm-3:15pm)
The 6th Annual Top Bartender Showdown, presented by Ketel One (3:45pm-4:45pm)
Frederick Wildman & Sons (5:15pm-5:45pm)
- 12:30-10:00pm – LIFEWTR VIP Tent, offering private bars, secluded seating areas, private restrooms, private concert viewing area and a special VIP Ambassador Chef Dinner at 6:30pm, featuring cuisine from Ambassador Chefs including Susanne Berne, Bianco Rosso, Trumbull and Wilton, CT; Jes Bengtson, Terrain, Westport, CT; Arturo Franco-Camacho, Shell & Bones Oyster Bar and Grill, New Haven, CT; Julio Genao, Prime, Stamford, CT; Gabriele’s, Greenwich, CT; Stavros Karipides, Famous Greek Kitchen, Greenwich, CT; Geoff Lazlo, Geoff Lazlo Food, CT; Stephen Lewandowski, Harlan Publick, Norwalk, CT and Haus, Bridgeport, CT; Brian Lewis, OKO, Westport, CT and Rye, NY, The Cottage, Westport, CT; Christian Petroni, Fortina, Stamford, CT, Rye, NY, Yonkers, NY and Armonk, NY; Nadia Ramsey, Meli-Melo Catering, Greenwich, CT; Brian Reilly, Mecha Noodle Bar, Norwalk, CT, Stamford, CT, Fairfield, CT; Armando Sanchez, Washington Prime, Norwalk, CT; Brad Stewart, Flinder’s Lane, Stamford, CT; Ian Vest, Back 40 Kitchen, Greenwich, CT; and David White, Bianco Rosso, Trumbull and Wilton, CT (Open to VIP Ticket Holders only).
- 1:00-5:00pm – Celebrity Book Signing offers attendees the chance to meet the authors behind favorite cookbooks and purchase a copy for book signings.
David Burtka and Marc Murphy (1:00pm-1:30pm)
Geoffrey and Margaret Zakarian (1:30pm-2:00pm)
Mary Giuliani and Jessica Tom (2:00pm-2:30pm)
Valerie Bertinelli (2:30pm-3:00pm)
Michel Nischan and Erik Ofgang (3:00pm-3:30pm)
- 3:45-4:45pm – The 6th Annual Bartender’s Showdown, presented by Ketel One, gives area mixologists the opportunity to win judges and people’s choice awards for the most creative and innovative cocktail. Hosted by Gary Dell’Abate. Located in the Tastings 101 tent.
- 3:30-8:30pm – Beer & Burgers celebrates area restaurant’s best artisan burgers.
5:00-5:45pm – The 8th annual Burger Battle, hosted by David Burtka, will crown this year’s top burger in the area. New this year, three local first responder teams, including G.E.M.S., Greenwich Fire Department and Greenwich Police Department, will participate in the competition! An award will also be given out for People’s Choice, inviting festival guests to cast their votes.
- 3:30-8:30pm – Ultimate Taco! celebrates the bold flavors of everyone’s favorite food and features festival cocktails from south of the border.
- 3:30-8:30pm – The Tailgate celebrates one of America’s favorite past times, with area chefs and breweries serving up their unique twist on tailgate favorites.
- 6:00-10:00pm – Lawn + Stage Table Dinner includes a Cocktail Party from 6:00-6:45 that offers guests the chance to meet and mingle with Geoffrey and Margaret Zakarian, Valerie Bertinelli, David Burtka, Marc Murphy, Gary Dell’Abate and Mary Giuliani over cocktails and oysters from Soltaire Restaurant. A four-course seated dinner prepared by Chef Carlos Baez (The Spread, Norwalk and Greenwich, CT) will follow this cocktail hour, featuring premium spirits, beers and wines with liquor service until 9:30pm and offering the best seats in the house for the evening’s live musical performance on the Pepsi Music Stage (open to Platinum or Gold VIP All Day Passes Only).
- 6:30-7:30pm – Michael Franti & Spearhead will open the evening’s musical performances on the Pepsi Music Stage.
- 8:30-10:00pm – GRAMMY award-wining band Little Big Town will close out festivities for the ninth annual event.
Tickets for the event are available via www.greenwichwineandfood.com or by calling 203.588.1363. Ticket options include a new add-on for Friday’s Opening Night Gala ticket, offering an intimate pre-event Cocktail Party with Martha Stewart at 6:30pm, in addition to the All Weekend Pass ($700), Friday’s Opening Night Gala ($275), Saturday All Day Pass ($200), Saturday VIP Pass ($500) and more.
The Festival weekend will be held rain or shine, and anyone under 21, including infants or children in strollers, will not be admitted. Pets are also not permitted.