UPDATE: Fotis Dulos Being Treated for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning after Being Found Unresponsive at His Home

UPDATE, 2:58pm:
Lt Timothy McKenzie of Farmington Police said investigation was preliminary, but that Tuesday at 11:54am, officers from Farmington Police were asked to respond to the Farmington home of Fotis Dulos because he was late for a court appearance.

“When officers responded they could see Mr. Dulos was sitting in his vehicle and had signs of medical distress. Officers forced entry and immediately began to perform life saving measures. Medics responded from East Farmington Fire Dept, UConn Health and AMR ambulance to assist,” McKenzie said, adding, “Mr. Dulos was transported to UConn health by ambulance and is listed in critical condition.”

McKenzie said Dulos was being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

McKenzie said the investigation involves Farmington Police, CT State Police and the CT State Attorney’s Office.  He said the investigation was just beginning and he expected to have more information Tuesday evening.

Original Story, 2:37pm:

Multiple sources are reporting on Tuesday that Fotis Dulos, charged in the murder of his missing wife Jennifer, was found unresponsive at his Farmington home on Tuesday.

Dulos was recently charged in the murder and kidnapping of his estranged wife who went missing on May 24 after dropping her children at school.

Fire and EMS joined Farmington Police at the home of Dulos Tuesday around noon.

Jennifer Dulos has been missing since May 24, 2019. Photo courtesy of the New Canaan Police Department

Jennifer Dulos has been missing since May 24, 2019. Photo courtesy of the New Canaan Police Department

Authorities requested a well-being check on Dulos after he did not show up for an emergency hearing in court regarding his bail, and upon arrival, officers found Dulos unresponsive and began performing CPR, both law enforcement sources said.

Dulos was initially found in his garage, according to the New York Times, which reported Dulos was deceased, citing an official close to the case, but Dulos’ attorney Norm Pattis told NBC CT that Fotis Dulos had a pulse and was taken to UConn Health.

News helicopters are broadcasting footage of tents set up outside Dulos’ garage at his Farmington home.

The emergency hearing in court arose from questions about the collateral Dulos had put up for his $6 million bond.

Jennifer Farber Dulos, 50, was last seen in New Canaan after dropping her children at school. She has not been seen since and is presumed dead. The couple’s five children have been living with Jennifer’s mother.

Mrs. and Mr. Dulos, 52, were in the middle of a custody battle when she moved to new Canaan in 2017 and filed for divorce.

According to court documents Mrs. Dulos had told officials she was afraid of her husband before her disappearance.

In June Dulos and his girlfriend Michelle Troconis were arrested and charged with tampering with or fabricating evidence after investigators found blood stains and evidence of attempts to clean the crime scene. Both pleaded not guilty.

This month Dulos was charged murder and kidnapping. He pleaded not guilty.

Troconis and a friend of Dulos, former attorney Kent Mawhinney, were both arraigned on a charge of conspiracy to commit murder.

Last week Stamford Superior Court Judge Gary White placed Mr. Dulos on strict home confinement and threatened to double his bond after Dulos was seen getting out of his car and tampering with a memorial for Jennifer, violating the terms of his release.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.