Sip & Shop – the tasting and shopping showcase hosted at the Innis Arden Golf Club on July 27 was a hit on a hot night!
Sip & Shop was put together by Roseann Benedict and Nancy Carr, two Greenwich mothers who have not only been involved with the Greenwich school system over the years, but also are entrepreneurs looking to help other local businesses.
Roseann Benedict and Nancy Carr met almost 20 years ago when their youngest children were in nursery school. After years as stay-at-home moms they’ve taken their talents from PTA and other volunteer activities to local business pursuits, and they’re not alone. Their Sip & Shop – Tasting and Shopping Showcase at Innis Arden Golf Club in Old Greenwich featured more than 25 local businesses, including many represented by women they’ve met in the neighborhood or through their children’s schools.
At the Sip & Shop event, people were able to interact with local businesses, many run by Greenwich mothers they met over the years, and shop at their leisure.
Not only did the event help to raise awareness for many local businesses, but money was raised to fight cancer and fund research. Specifically, the proceeds will go to Swim Across America and Alliance for Cancer Gene Therapy. Not only was it a wonderfully fun event but helped a great cause!
Some of the businesses owned or represented by local moms included:
- Beautycounter – Traci Gwodz, Emilie Chang Ho
- Flamenco USA – Lindsay Stafford, Cristina Ventosa
- India Hicks – Linda Saleeby
- Parfums de la Bastide– Alison Leigh, Theresa Plavoukos
- Sax Accessories – Christine Sax Stotesbury
- Stella & Dot – Erin Conlon
- Taconic Distillery – Carol Ann Coughlin
- Therese Custom Designs – Terri Bernstein
- W by Worth – Julie Faryniarz