Thanksgiving is Thursday, Nov 23 and Kings Market is sharing some recipes just in time for holiday meal planning.
Roast Turkey with Orange Honey Glaze
One Whole Fresh Turkey, 11-12 lb.
Organic Fresh Thyme Sprigs
Approx. 4 Cups Chicken Stock or Broth
1/2 Cup Kings Organic Unsalted Butter, melted
1/4 Cup Kings Orange Juice
1/4 Cup Kings Organic 100% Pure Honey
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
1. Rinse the turkey and season inside the cavity. Place the thyme sprigs inside the cavity and truss, if desired. Place breast side down on a buttered rack in a large roasting pan and pour in the chicken stock to 1/4-inch depth. Brush half of the melted butter over the turkey and season.
2. Place in the center of the oven and roast for 45 minutes, basting frequently with the drippings. (You may need to add more stock during the roasting to ensure the pan does not dry out) Warm the orange juice and the honey together and stir to blend. After the 45 minutes, brush the turkey with the glaze. Continue roasting for another 15-20 minutes, until well browned.
3. Remove the turkey from the oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees. Carefully turn the turkey onto its back. Mix the remaining butter and the glaze together. Baste the turkey with the mixture and season. Return to the oven and cook an additional hour, again basting with pan drippings often.
4. After 1 hour, check that the temperature in the thickest part of the thigh is 165 degrees. Remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest before carving.
Holiday Oyster Stuffing
1 Pound Fresh, Shucked Oysters.
12 Ounces Dried Bread Crumbs
1 Cup Kings Organic Unsalted Butter (1 Stick)
2 Cups Diced Celery
2 Cups Diced Onion
1/4 Cup Minced Flat Leaf Parsley
1 Teaspoon Dried, Crushed Organic Fresh Poultry Blend Seasoning
1 Cup Chicken Stock
Salt and Pepper
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
1. Butter a large baking dish and set aside.
2. Shuck the oysters, reserving the liquid.
3. Place the bread crumbs in a large bowl and set aside.
4. Preheat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the butter, adjusting the heat if necessary so the butter does not brown.
5. Add the celery and onion. Sauté until the vegetables are tender, 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the broth and poultry seasoning.
6. Pour this mixture over the bread crumbs. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.
7. Fold the oysters and parsley into the bread mixture. If you prefer a moister dressing, stir in some of the reserved oyster liquor.
8. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes or until heated through and oysters are cooked.
Kings Market is located at 26 Arcadia Road in Old Greenwich.
Email news tips to Greenwich Free Press editor Leslie.Yager@GreenwichFreePress.com
Like us on Facebook
Subscribe to the daily Greenwich Free Press newsletter.