The following Greenwich students are members of the Colgate University Class of 2018.
- Philip Brauer who graduated from The Taft School
- Chloe Matonis who graduated from Greenwich High School
- Armando Olivieri who graduated from Brunswick School
- Remi Rosmarin who graduated from Greenwich High School
- Madeleine Veronis who graduated from Greenwich High School
Of the 8,715 applications to Colgate last year, just 26 percent were accepted. The average combined SAT score for students enrolled in the Class of 2018 is 1372. Colgate continues to meet 100 percent of students’ demonstrated financial need, as 43.4 percent of the Class of 2018 is receiving institutional grant funding, up from 41.6 percent in 2017.
Colgate is a highly selective residential liberal arts institution distinguished by the dedication of its 294 full-time faculty-scholars, and its commitment to global engagement, student-faculty research, off-campus study, sustainable practices, and utilizing technology to enhance the teaching and learning experience.
Colgate offers 54 majors to a diverse student body of approximately 2,900 undergraduate students, and supports 25 Division I athletic teams. The university’s 575-acre campus in rural central New York is renowned for its beauty and for the important role it plays in the student experience.