The Greenwich Distinguished Teachers Awards Committee announced on Wednesday the recipients of the 2016 Distinguished Teachers Awards:
- Ana Chejin-Danielsen, New Lebanon School, TESOL-Bilingual
- Julie Cofone, North Mianus School, Grade 5
- Sarah Goldin, Greenwich High School, Science-AVID-Innovation Lab
- Sarah Harris, North Mianus School, Kindergarten
- Jeannine Madoff, International School at Dundee, Media
- Ian Tiedeman, Greenwich High School, Social Studies
The Distinguished Teachers Awards Committee, established in 1984, has worked on the selection process for this year’s recipients for the last eight months. The Committee selects the Distinguished Teachers from nominations made by colleagues, parents, students, administrators and/or community members based on criteria outlined in the nomination packet.
The recipients will be recognized at the Board of Education meeting on Thursday, April 21 at Riverside School at 7:00pm. The DISTINGUISHED TEACHERS AWARDS CEREMONY will take place at the Greenwich High School Performing Arts Center on Tuesday, May 3 at 4:00pm.