Second Suspect in Greenwich Car Chase Nabbed, Duo Charged in Stamford Shooting

Stamford Police released a statement detailing events preceding the Greenwich Police stop of an Audi in Bruce Park at 3:30am last Friday June 3 after spotting it traveling without headlights turned on.

According to Stamford Police, back on May 30, at approximately 3:14 am, officers responded responded to 12 Ranson St for multiple calls of gunfire into an occupied dwelling. Upon arrival, officers determined that numerous shots were fired into the front of the residence and nearly missed several people, including children age 5 and 8. Shell casings were recovered and CCTV camera captured a newer model Audi fleeing the scene immediately after the shooting.

In the early morning hours of June 3, Greenwich Police initiated a motor vehicle stop with a white Audi that was stolen from Stamford. The vehicle fled at a high rate of speed and it crashed shortly after. A 17-year-old Stamford youth was arrested near the scene and the other occupant fled, ultimately stealing a Land Rover.

Greenwich Police then attempted to stop the Land Rover and the vehicle fled North on I95 and the chase was discontinued due to safety concerns.

At that point the Stamford and Greenwich Police detective bureaus began a joint investigation.

Through numerous investigative techniques and the seizure of items left behind in the stolen Audi, Stamford Police were able to identify that the other occupant was 20-year-old Stamford resident Shacquine Narine.

On Tuesday, June 7, the Stamford Police Detective Bureau executed two search warrants on the two suspect’s residences. The 17-year-old was taken down outside his residence without incident. However, when Officers went to detain Narine, he took off running and had to be forcibly taken down.

Narine was found with a quantity of Marijuana on his person and was brought to Stamford Police headquarters and processed.

Evidence was then collected from the search warrants and we were immediately able to recover the stolen Land Rover used in Narine’s escape. This vehicle was found on the dead end portion of St George St in Stamford. Greenwich Police came to the scene and will be processing the vehicle for evidence.

With the evidence gained and other investigative techniques Stamford Police Detectives say they will be able to get enough evidence to charge the 17-year-old youth and Narine with recklessly shooting into the house on Ranson St.

According to the release from Stamford Police, it was determined that these two came to Ranson Street to shoot up a rival neighborhood residence. They were armed with two handguns and a rifle and then fled in the stolen Audi.

On Wednesday, June 8 the 17-year-old and Narine were charged with Criminal Attempt at Assault 1st degree, Reckless Endangerment 1st degree, Possession of a Pistol without a Permit, Unlawful Discharge of a Weapon, and two counts of Risk of Injury to a Minor.

The Juvenile was arrested and transported to the Bridgeport Juvenile Detention Center and Narine was charged and held on a $200,000 bond.

The Stamford Police Dept commended Sgt Broems, Officers Junes, Davis and Barquero for tirelessly investigating this senseless act of violence that endangered several families and two small children.

Stamford Police also thanked Greenwich Police for their collaboration and providing  assistance and evidence that made the arrests possible.

In their statement,  Stamford Police Dept said they take pride in making arrests of this caliber and thus protecting the citizens from further violence. “The City of Stamford is ultimately safer with these two recidivist offenders off the streets,” the statement said.