It’s about to get much easier for Greenwich residents to go the DMV.
An “Express Location” opened on Nov 28 in Stamford.
The operation will be open on weekdays in Stamford’s south end. Previously it was open two days a week.
This location is now run by The WorkPlace as part of a public private partnership with the state.
The WorkPlace will charge an $8.00 “convenience fee” to Stamford customers per transaction.
The fee may not seem pricey if it means avoiding a trek to Norwalk from Greenwich and having to wait in a long line.
To use the Stamford location, it’s necessary to make an appointment, which can be done online. Unless there is an opening, walk-ins are turned away.
The DMV Express location in Stamford is not full service, but does offer these services:
· Renewals of verified driver’s licenses (US citizens only)
· Renewals of regular driver’s licenses (US citizens only)
· Renewals of non-U.S. citizen regular driver’s licenses
· Renewals of verified identification cards (US citizens only)
· Renewals of regular identification cards (US citizens only)
· Renewals of non-U.S. citizen regular identification cards
· Duplicate driver’s licenses, identification cards, and learner’s permits
· Name changes on driver licenses, identification cards and learner’s permits
This is a great way to take care of license-related matters while avoiding the long lines. Click here to make an appointment.
The WorkPlace DMC Center is located at 137 Henry St. Hours are 9:00amto 5:00pm on weekdays. On Thursdays the center is open until 5:30pm.
Cash is not accepted at this office. Acceptable forms of payment are personal checks, bank checks, money orders and Master Card/Visa