On Thursday, November 16 at 6:30 pm, at YWCA Greenwich, 259 East Putnam Avenue, Greenwich, the First Selectman’s Diversity Advisory Committee will host a special meeting for residents of Greenwich and the surrounding areas to discuss immigration.
The purpose is to help residents and new immigrants understand fact vs. fiction as it relates to local policies, how the laws are implemented and where people can go to learn more and find access to services.
• Moderator, Bobby Walker, Jr., Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich
• Alex Arevalo, Catholic Charities Immigration Services Office
• Philip E. Berns, Attorney
• Catalina Horak, Building One Community
• Lieutenant Mark Zuccerella, Special Victims Unit of the Greenwich Police Department
The event is free and open to the public.