If you go every year, we know we’ll see you there. If you’ve never gone, don’t miss Puttin’ On The Dog at Roger Sherman Baldwin Park on Sunday, Sept. 21 from 10:00am til 4:30pm.
If you’re thinking about rescuing a dog, there are several great rescue groups there with available dogs to meet. There are also all sorts of fun contests to enter with your dog. My favorite is the costume contest.
Subscribe to the daily Greenwich Free Press newsletter.
Here is the lineup of Class, Description and Times:
- 11:00am “Aged to Perfection: Dogs 10 Years or Older
- 11:00am Puppy Love for Puppies under 12 months
- 12:00 Mixed with the Most: For any mixed breed dog
- 12:00 Pick of the Litter: For any purebred dog
- 1:00pm Mighty Mites: Dogs over 1 year 15 lbs or less
- 1:00pm Biggest Lap Dog: Dogs over 75 lbs willing to climb in your lap and remain there for one minute
- 2:00pm Adopt-A-Dog Alumni: Dogs who have found a home as a direct result of Adopt-A-Dog
- 2:00pm Mirror Mirror: Do you and your dog look alike?
- 3:00pm Who Saved Who: For dogs and owners who saved each other
- 3:00pm Pooch Who Can Smooch: The best Kisser!
- 4:00pm Best Tail Wagger: The best tail-wagger!
- 4:00pm Puttin’ On The Dog Costume Contest: Adopt-A-Dog’s famous costume class. Adult division and children’s division. (Please consider the safety of you and your dog when choosing a costume.
To register for any of the above “classes” click here.
To purchase tickets in advance, click here.
If you’re available to volunteer, click here.
The dog-of-the-week is Kara. Read more about this sweet girl.
If you missed our feature on Adopt-A-Dog this summer, it’s worth reading the interview with Director Alyson Halm. Adopt-A-Dog: This is Why