Greenwich Free Press Sip & Shop at The Marketplace in Byram Set for June 6

Greenwich Free Press is pairing up with The Marketplace by Fofie & Mia in Byram for a fun Sip & Shop night on Monday, June 6 from 5:00-7:00pm.

We invite all our of readers and friends to come have a drink and a bite, and support this unique, local business.

The Marketplace is a vintage and thrift store, and we salute its values of reusing, re-purposing and recycling.

The store is not run on a consignment model. Rather, the Meg and Kate Fronio purchased 90% of the merchandise at estate sales, flea markets and even Facebook Marketplace. The other 10% are donated items.

Expect to find clothing for men, women and children, as well as shoes, boots, accessories, jewelry, vintage vinyl LPs, bicycles, and refinished furniture.

The store ultimately operates on a pay it forward basis, which we love.

Similarly, over the years we have discovered Greenwich Free Press readers are eager to help a good cause when asked.

GFP had successful fall coat drives in 2020 and 2021, each bringing in hundreds of donated men’s, women’s and children’s coats coats, boots, scarves, gloves and mittens for homeless and needy families. Items were brought to Inspirica, Pacific House and the Open Door in Norwalk.

More recently, we teamed up with Sheryl Mandala’s effort with Konrad Flejter, a local contractor who filled several containers full of donated blankets, food and medical supplies for Ukrainians. The containers were shipped to Poland, where they were received by a charity called Caritas who dispersed to items to Ukrainians.

Kate and Quinn, the friendly dog at The Marketplace by Fofie & Mia’s at 248 Mill Street in Byram.
The Marketplace by Fofie & Mia’s at 248 Mill Street in Byram.
The Marketplace by Fofie & Mia’s at 248 Mill Street in Byram.

The June 6 Sip & Shop will also pay it forward.

A portion of the sip & shop proceeds will be donated to Redland Rock Pit Abandoned Dogs Project, a non-profit 501(c)3 organization in South Florida that feeds and provides initial emergency care for abandoned dogs and roaming dogs while promoting their safe capture and transfer to reputable non-profit rescues for re-homing.

The Marketplace by Fofie & Mia’s is located at 248 Mill Street, Greenwich, CT 06830.

There is both on-street parking and a municipal lot at the rear (on William Street).
Instagram @themarketplace.fofiemia
Facebook The Marketplace by Fofie & Mia
Tel. (203) 531-6030
Email: [email protected]
Monday – Friday : 10am – 6pm
Saturday : 10am – 7pm
Sunday : Closed

Redland Rock Pit Abandoned Dogs Project is based in Davie, Florida.

Instagram @redlandsrockpitabandoned