The Center for Children’s Advocacy held its first annual Play for Kids event at Stamford’s Chelsea Piers on March 31. Eight teams competed in trampoline dodgeball, rock wall climbing relays, an obstacle course, strategy games and batting cages – earning points for their team and competing for the Play for Kids trophy.
• The Bulls: Merrill Lynch Private Banking & Investment Group, Greenwich – Captain Tony Carpentieri,
• Higgins Group Closers. Higgins Group Realty, Stamford – Captain Shanna Hicks
• Young Lawyers. Dolan & Dolan, New Haven – Captain Matt Dolan
• Holy Cannoli. DiMare Pastry Shop, Stamford – Captain Sabrina DiMare
• Beazley & Friends. Beazley Insurance, Farmington – Captain Doug Colosky
• Purdue All Stars . Purdue Pharma, Stamford – Captain Kerri Sherry
• SPR Scorpions. Sive, Paget & Riesel, New York – Captain Dan Chorost
• The Sparks. Connecticut Green Bank, Stamford – Captain Ben Healey
After exhausting rounds of competition, players enjoyed delicious pastries courtesy of DiMare Pastry Shop of Stamford, wine tasting courtesy of Val’s Putnam Wine & Liquors, Greenwich; and crunchy granolas from Stamford’s Gofer43.com.
And the winners were . . . The Sparks from Connecticut Green Bank!
Since 1997, the Center for Children’s Advocacy has been a powerful voice for the state’s most vulnerable children. Center attorneys provide unparalleled individual legal representation for abused and neglected children and for those who suffer from inadequate educational support, lack of access to healthcare or mental health care, or involvement with the state’s juvenile justice system. The Center effects systemic change that improves the lives of thousands of children each year. Visit kidscounsel.org for more information about the Center for Children’s Advocacy.