Road closures, Updated 4:25pm:
To report flooding conditions, contact 203-622-8004.
- 112 S WATER ST – FULL CLOSURE – FLOODED
- 10 CREAMER HILL RD – FULL CLOSURE – FLOODED
- 12 FLETCHER AVE
- 20 RIDGEBROOK
- 414 ROUNDHILL
- 535 NORTH ST
- BOTE RD/TOMNEY
Updated 12:37pm – Per Greenwich Police, the following areas are FLOODED due to water on the roadway:
15 MIDWOOD RD – FULL CLOSURE – TREE/WIRES DOWN
12 FLETCHER AVE
WILLIAM ST WEST
535 NORTH ST
42 NORTH WATER (UNDER RR)
RIVERSVILLE RD @ PECKSLAND
Around 11:45 am, Greenwich Police announced they were receiving calls regarding water over the roadway.
The following areas have been closed due to water on roadway.
- Mallard Drive
- William Street West
- N. Water Street at RR Bridge
- Area of 515 North Street has water starting to accumulate on roadway.
This morning they noted the National Weather Service in Upton has issued a Flash Flood Warning for Greenwich until 11:45 am, sharing advice:
- Turn around, don’t drown when encountering flooded roads, most flood deaths occur in vehicles.
- Be aware of your surroundings and do not drive on flooded roads.
- Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of urban areas, highways, streets and underpasses as well as other drainage areas and low-lying spots
Thursday night the town announced the town was under a flood watch from Friday to Saturday morning.