On Saturday, February 4, there will be a family event at Byram Fire Station with the theme “Be Safe – You Are the Key to safety.”
The event is one of the Social Emotional Learning activities organized by the Greenwich Public Schools this year.
The 2016-2017 school year marks the fourth year of events celebrating the District Norms: Be Here, Be Safe, Be Honest, Care for Self and Others, Let Go and Move On.
The event, which extends activities beyond the school house, is made possible by the support of Greenwich Alliance for Education.
On Saturday, February 4 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Byram Fire Station (266 Delavan Ave, Greenwich, CT 06830), parents and children can:
• Meet and greet the people that keep us safe: firefighters, police officers, and paramedics
• Enjoy free coffee, hot chocolate, and cookies
• Explore fire and GEMS trucks, and police cars
• Get their picture taken and decorate their own frame
• Get safety tips from the experts
• Leave with a great memory
Email news tips to Greenwich Free Press editor Leslie.Yager@GreenwichFreePress.com
Like us on Facebook
Subscribe to the daily Greenwich Free Press newsletter.
Subscribe to the GFP YouTube channel.