A distinguished speaker series kicks off with a roundtable discussion at St. Catherine of Siena Church on Sunday, Sept. 14 at 11:45am.
This adults only round table discussion on “Addiction and the Brain, Myth vs Fact,” covers the social and emotional implications of addiction on teens and young adults. Join a panel of experts from our community, to learn about topics including effects of drugs on the developing adolescent, how to approach your children when discussing drug use, and learn about the myriad of support services available in our community. Panelists address the “talk early, talk open, talk honest” approach. Q & A will follow.
Moderated by Mark Kaczmarczyk, expert panelists include:
- Jenny Byxbee, Youth Services Coordinator, Town of Greenwich Juvenile Review Board, Reading Champions, and the After-school Task Force,\Co-chair, School readiness Council.
- Dr. Rosa Fini, Pediatrician, mother of four children in Greenwich School system.
- Cerissa Orbegoso, LMSW, Town of Stamford
- Greenwich High School teens addressing peer pressure.
First in a series, “Addiction and the Brain” will be at St Catherine of Siena Church, 4 Riverside, Ave., Riverside on Sunday, Sept. 14 at 11:45 am. Free to the adult public.
Second in the series will feature Ginger Katz, CEO and Founder of Courage to Speak Foundation. Sunday, Oct. 26 at 11:45am at St. Catherine of Siena Church.
St. Catherine of Siena Church is located at 4 Riverside Ave. in Riverside.
- Why Do Kids Use Drugs? GHS Guest Speaker Asks Tough Question
- GHS Grads Break Silence on Drugs from Marijuana to Heroin
- Heroin in Greenwich? The Elephant in the Room