Twelve members of the Chelsea Piers Athletic Club (CP-AC) Water Polo team have been named 2014-2015 Academic All-Americans.
Having more Academic-All Americans than any other team in the tri-state area, CP-AC Water Polo continues to establish itself not only as a dominant program athletically, but academically as well.
The Academic All-American title is awarded to athletes in 10th grade or above, with a 3.6 grade point average. Those achieving a 4.0 or higher are considered Outstanding Academic All-Americans. The CP-AC has 10 Academic All-Americans.
“We have a long standing tradition of both academic and athletic success,” said Paul Ramaley, Water Polo Director and Head Coach at Chelsea Piers Connecticut.
Chelsea Piers Athletic Club Water Polo 2014-2015 All-Americans are:
- Matthew Ambrose – 12th Grade – Greenwich High School
- Spencer Baxter (Outstanding) – 11th Grade – Greenwich High School
- Owen Byrnes – 11th Grade – Fordham Prep
- Kevin Downey (Outstanding) – 11th Grade – Greenwich High School
- Matthew Gofman (Outstanding) – 11th Grade – Hendrick Hudson High School
- Matthew Goodfellow (Outstanding) – 11th Grade – King Low Haywood
- Clayton Henschel (Outstanding) – 12th Grade – Landon HS
- Jared Livingston (Outstanding) – 11th Grade – Greenwich High School
- Conrad Moss (Outstanding) – 11th Grade – Greenwich High School
- Margaret Robinson (Outstanding) – 12th Grade – Greenwich High School
- Andrew Triscari (Outstanding) – 11th Grade – Greenwich High School
- Russell Winget (Outstanding) – 12th Grade – Greenwich High School
Chelsea Piers Connecticut is a 500,000-square-foot state-of-the-art sports and recreation facility located in Stamford. Opened in July 2012, CPCT features two indoor ice rinks, an Olympic pool and adjacent 6,000-sq.-ft. Splash Zone indoor water park, a 14,000-sq.-ft. gymnastics training center, 11 singles and one hardball doubles squash court, seven indoor hard court tennis courts, an indoor turf baseball/softball training facility and five batting cages, a 12,000-sq.-ft. Adventure Center featuring a recreational trampoline center, a 24-foot high rock wall and a Little Athletes gym for children six months to five years, and a Field House with a 100-yard turf field, four hardwood basketball/volleyball courts and a 1/5-mile track.
Like Chelsea Piers New York, Chelsea Piers Connecticut combines world-class athletic facilities with an extensive array of professional instructors and year-round sports programming for children and adults of all ages.
There are more than 10 teams competing under the Chelsea Piers Athletic Club umbrella. CPCT is also home to a childcare facility and preschool, a Harrow pro shop, a grab-and-go café, a bar and private event space, Stamford Hospital’s 18,500-square-foot Orthopedic and Spine Institute, CrossFit S-Town and a BlueStreak Sports athletic training center.