CP-AC Swimmers broke the State record in the 13-14 Boys 400 Yard Medley Relay this past weekend at the Connecticut Swimming Short Course Age Group Championship. The relay finished with a time of 3:42.29, beating the previous state record of 3:45.25 by almost 3 seconds.
13-14 Boys 400 Yard Medley Relay
- Jacob Sherman of Stamford – Backstroke
- Ben Feldman of Stamford – Breaststroke
- Tyler Sicignano of Fairfield – Butterfly
- Nicholas Malchow of Greenwich – Freestyle
“We are extremely proud of the hard work these young men put into their sport,” commented Assistant Head Age Group Coach, Brennan Morris. “Their performance this weekend was outstanding and they should be excited about their newly claimed record. This is only the beginning of what this relay team can accomplish.”
CP-AC Swimming also had three newly crowned State Champions.
- 10-year old Alexandra Moore of Cos Cob – 50 and 100 yard Backstroke, 200 yard IM
- 12-year old Kaitlyn Holmes of Darien – 50, 100 and 200 yard Breaststroke
- 14-year old Ben Feldman from Stamford – 100 Butterfly and 100 Breaststroke
“When we started the CP-AC Swimming program 5 years ago, we never would have thought we’d already have such successful swimmers competing at such an elite level,” said Jamie Barone, Senior Aquatics Director at Chelsea Piers Connecticut.
“We are proud to be one of the area’s most successful competitive programs and hope to continue to guide each swimmer’s career.”
The 2017 Age Group Championship was held at Chelsea Piers Connecticut from March 16-19 at the state-of-the art Aquatics Center. The site hosted 62 teams from all over Connecticut, with over 600 of Connecticut’s top swimmers in attendance.