The countdown is on! The sixth annual GREENWICH WINE+FOOD FESTIVAL, presented by Serendipity magazine (www.serendipitysocial.com) and benefitting Paul Newman’s Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, Wholesome Wave and The Greenwich Department of Parks and Recreation, is less than two months away, and with ticket sales open, event organizers have announced some exciting additions to this year’s event:
Friday’s Master Chef Dinner, hosted by Adam Richman, (Sept 23)will feature the 2016 class of Most Innovative Chefs serving their signature dishes. In addition to the previously announced 10 chefs, Gregori Pena and Eric Haugen of The National in Greenwich, have been announced. Confirmed Ambassador Chefs who will also be serving up their favorite dishes include Jes Bengston (Brick and Wood), Rui Correia (Douro, Gaia), Samantha Mittler (The Dessertist), Stephen Lewandowski (Harlan Social), Christian Petroni (Fortina), Nadia Ramsey (Meli-Melo) and David Snyder (Char).
Celebrity chefs Alex Guarnaschelli (“Chopped,” “Iron Chef,” Food Network’s “All-Star Academy”) and Marc Murphy (Executive Chef of Landmarc restaurant at the Time Warner Center, “Iron Chef,” “Guy’s Grocery Games,” “Beat Bobby Flay”) have been added to this year’s line-up of celebrity chef participants, and both will be special guests at the Saturday Michel Nischan VIP Sustainable Dinner. Rui Correia (Douro, Gaia) will be the Master of Ceremonies.
Saturday Event Schedule, Sept. 24
12:00-5:00pm – Grand Tasting Tent, hosting more than 150 food and beverage vendors.
12:30-5:30pm – Two stages and a demo tent will feature more than 15 cooking demonstrations and wine, beer and cocktail seminars from renowned experts and celebrity chef participants:
Dacor Kitchen Stage One presented by Aitoro
12:30-1pm Blue Tulip Chocolates
1:30-2pm Adam Richman
2:30pm-3pm Marcus Samuelsson
3:30-4pm Christian Petroni
4:30-5pm The Dessertist (Samantha Mittler)
Dacor Kitchen Stage Two presented by Aitoro
1-1:30pm Michel Nischan
2-2:30pm Marc Murphy
3-3:30pm Alex Guarnaschelli
5-5:30 Rafael Palomino
Demo Tent (additional events to be added)
3:45-4:45pm Meet The Masters – Introducing “Meet the Masters” with celebrity chefs Marc Murphy, Adam Richman, Alex Guarnaschelli, Michel Nischan and Marcus Samuelsson. It will be an Q&A style conversation (moderator TBA) on how they got to be where they are, from obstacles they encountered to branding themselves to finding inspiration.
12:30-6:00pm – Celebrity Green Room, presented by Serendipity, will host attending celebrities, culinary experts and musicians while being interviewed by industry experts in a luxury lounge:
12:30-12:50pm Marc Murphy
1:00 – 1:20pm Marcus Sameulsson
1:30-1:50pm Alex Guarnaschelli
2:00-2:20pm Michel Nischan
2:35-2:50pm The Dessertist
3:00-3:20pm Adam Richman
4-4:20pm Rui Correia
4:20-4:40pm Christian Petroni, John Nealon, Rob Krauss
4:50-5:10pm Kevin Des Chenes
12:30-10:00pm – Festival VIP Tent, offering private bars, secluded seating areas, private restrooms, private concert viewing area and a special VIP Sustainable Dinner, hosted by Alex Guarnaschelli, Marc Murphy and Michel Nischan, featuring Nischan and more than a dozen local chefs serving up locally sourced and sustainable cuisine (Open to VIP Ticket Holders only).
1:00-5:00pm – Celebrity Bookstore, presented by Barbara Zaccagnini, offers guests the chance to meet the minds behind cookbooks and culinary reads, and have their books signed:
1-1:30 Marc Murphy
1:30-2pm Marcus Sameulsson
2:00-2:30pm Alex Guarnaschelli
2:30-3pm Adam Richman
2:30-3pm Michel Nischan
• 4:00-8:00pm – Burgers and Brews features area restaurants serving up their best burger. Guests will be able to vote for the Foodies’ Choice Award.
• 3:30-4:30pm – The third annual Top Bartender Showdown in the Empire City Casino tent will feature area bartenders serving custom cocktails to be judged by a panel of judges, as well as offering samples to all guests.
• 4:00-8:30pm – The Grill Master Tent will feature samples of flavorful BBQ specialties, with local pitmasters on hand to offer grilling advice for home cooks. The Grill Master Stage will feature the following demos:
4:15-4:45pm Fleishers Craft Butchery
5:15-5:45pm Knife Skills with Wusthof
• 4:45-5:45pm – The fifth annual Burger Battle, hosted by Adam Richman, will feature local restaurants serving up their custom-crafted burgers for judging by a panel of Festival Celebrity Guests including Rui Correia, Alex Guarnaschelli, Marc Murphy, Michel Nischan and Marcus Samuelsson.
• 5:00-8:30pm – The Ultimate Sandwich Tent will feature local restaurants, delicatessens and cafes creating unique and innovative sandwiches for attendees to sample.
• 5:45-6:30pm – The Ultimate Sandwich Take-Down is a brand new event this year, featuring competitors from local restaurants, delicatessens, and cafes creating the most over-the-top sandwiches! Participants will work with ingredients like: cheese steak, meatballs, chicken cutlets, grilled veggies, French fries, eggs, cheese, marinara sauce, BBQ sauce, lettuce, ketchup and mayo — sometimes all in the same sandwich, with just one being named the Ultimate Sandwich Winner. Festival Ambassador Chefs will be judging this event, including John Nealon, Christian Petroni and Rob Krauss from Fortina, and Samantha Mittler from The Dessertist.
• 6:00-8:00pm – Taco Party! will feature local restaurants showing off their top tacos to taste, along with a festive cocktail.
• 6:00-10:00pm – VIP Intimate Dinner featuring Marcus Samuelsson and Red Rooster Harlem, offers a limited number of attendees the opportunity to sample the best of Harlem in a stunning waterfront setting. Award-winning chef, restaurateur and cookbook author Marcus Samuelsson will prepare a meal inspired by the roots of American cuisine at a seated dinner with table service. Attendees can take in the evening’s musical performance from private tables on an elevated stage or from reserved, lawn table seating (this is a separate ticketed event).
• 6:00-10:00pm – Michel Nischan VIP Sustainable Dinner with Alex Guarnaschelli and Marc Murphy will feature top local chefs, including Devin Bozkaya (Campagna at The Bedford Post Inn), David DiBari (The Cookery), Nick DiBona (Madison Kitchen), Walter Estrada (Napa & Co.), Eric Gabrynowicz (Restaurant North), Frederic Kieffer (l’escale), Rafael Palomino (Sonora), Forrest Pasternack (Bailey’s Backyard), Debra Ponzek (Aux Delices), Nancy Roper (Truck), Matt Storch (Match), Bill Taibe (The Whelk, Kawa Ni), Luke Venner (Elm) and David White (Vespa), preparing an incredible feast sourcing all proteins, seafood and produce locally and sustainably to ensure the highest quality and minimal impact on the environment. This event will also feature a full bar with premium liquors, beer and wines, VIP private restrooms and a private viewing area for the main stage music entertainment (this event is open to VIP ticket holders only).
• 6:30-10:00pm – The Pepsi Music Stage, featuring Grammy Award winning co-headliners Ziggy Marley (6:30pm) and Old Crow Medicine Show (8:30pm).
• FREE parking will be available on Saturday at Greenwich Plaza and at the Horseneck Lane Commuter Parking Lot, with guest shuttles sponsored by The Ashforth Company.
Tickets are now on sale via www.greenwichwineandfood.com or by calling 203-588-1363.
Options are as follows:
• Friday’s Master Chef Dinner, hosted by Adam Richman with live music by The Bacon Brothers: $325.00 per ticket.
• Saturday All-Day Pass, including admission to the Grand Tasting Tent, cooking demonstrations, celebrity bookstore, Top Bartender Showdown, Burger Battle, Grill Master Tent, Taco Party! and lawn seating to co-headliners Ziggy Marley and Old Crow Medicine Show: $150.00 per ticket.
• All-In VIP Weekend Pass includes admission to Friday’s Master Chef Dinner and a VIP Pass for Saturday, which includes access to the Sustainable Dinner: $600.00 per ticket.
• Saturday VIP Pass with Intimate Dinner featuring Marcus Samuelsson and Red Rooster Harlem includes access to all events and areas of Saturday’s festival, VIP parking and restrooms, all-day access to the full bar in the VIP tent, Samuelsson’s private dinner and private seating for the evening’s main stage musical entertainment: $450.00 per ticket for lawn table seating; $4,000 for a lawn table of ten; $525.00 per ticket for on-stage table seating; $5,000 for an on-stage table of ten.
• VIP Festival All-Day Pass with Sustainable Dinner includes access to all events and areas of Saturday’s festival, VIP parking and restrooms, all-day access to the full bar in the VIP tent, Nischan and friends’ dinner and VIP viewing for the evening’s main stage musical entertainment: $375.00 per ticket.
The event’s Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/GreenwichwinefoodFestival, and website will also continue to post event news, restaurant participants and schedule updates over the coming weeks.
The event will be held rain or shine, and anyone under 21, including infants and those with strollers, will not be admitted. Animals are also not permitted.
The GREENWICH 2016 WINE+FOOD FESTIVAL is a multi-day event that benefits The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, a nationwide organization dedicated to providing healing to children and their families coping with cancer, sickle cell anemia and other serious illnesses, as well as The Greenwich Department of Parks and Recreation and Wholesome Wave Organization. The festival is presented by Serendipity magazine, along with Pure Leaf, PepsiCo, Citi®, Empire City Casino, and Stamford Lincoln. Other official sponsors include Coldwell Banker Preview International, Cabot, Stamford Tent, Barbara Zaccagnini, Whole Foods, Westy Self Storage, Rudy’s Executive Transportation, Dacor, Deutsch Family Wine and Spirits, Granoff Architects, Shearwater Organic Coffee and Wusthof.