Don Sylvester, Commander of the Byram Veterans Association, announced this week that while formal ceremonies for Memorial Day are cancelled around town, local veterans will observe the day at the various war memorials in town.
“Memorial Day is the day our country has set aside so we may recognize the enormity of the sacrifice made not only by these men, but their families and loved ones,” Mr. Sylvester said.
Mr. Sylvester said the commitment to preserving the legacy of veterans will continue as Memorial Wreaths are placed at all the town’s war memorials.
For anyone wishing to attend, Mr. Sylvester said attendees notes that social distancing will be observed.
- Sunday, May 24, 2:00pm at Byram Schubert Library, Byram Veterans.
- Sunday, May 24, 5:00pm in Glenville, adjacent to the firehouse, 9 District Veterans.
- Monday, May 25, 8:00am at Indian Harbor Yacht Club, American Legion.
- Monday, May 25, 8:30am at the Civil War Monument, Post Road and Maple Ave.
- Monday, May 25, 9:00am at the WW1 & WW2 Monuments on Greenwich Ave and Arch Street.
- Monday, May 25, 10:00am at Eugene Merlot Park, adjacent to Dorothy Hamill Rink in Byram.
- Monday, May 25, at 11:15 am at the Cos Cob war Memorial on Strickland Rd.