Hundreds of guests eager to sample local, artisan and organic food, attend tasting workshops, and learn about homesteading are expected to flock to Audubon Greenwich’s Sustainable Food & Farm Expo on Sunday, March 9, from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm.
Twenty exhibitors and vendors, including organic farmers, homesteading experts, artisan food producers, specialty food retailers, and organic restaurants, will share their products and expertise on March 9 at Audubon Greenwich.
Families are invited to taste and learn from farmers and homesteading experts.
The Sustainable Food & Farm Expo is produced by Audubon Greenwich in cooperation with the Fairfield Green Food Guide and is poised to attract both regular guests and newcomers from as far as Westchester County.
“Audubon is proud to host this exciting, family-friendly event. Organic farming practices and more wholesome approaches to eating will greatly reduce our burden on Earth’s natural resources while enhancing our habitats, soils, and communities” said Jeff Cordulack, Audubon Greenwich’s Events Manager in a release.
“Fairfield County is home to a strong and growing community of organic farmers, artisan food producers, specialty food retailers, organic restaurants and homesteading experts and this event is a fun and effective way for the general public to get to know them and their products and services” said Fairfield Green Food Guide founder Analiese Paik in the release. “The diversity of sustainable food and beverages grown, produced or sold locally– from biodynamic Champagne and locally roasted, organic Fair Trade coffee to farm-fresh food delivered to your door – is quite impressive and offers consumers a delicious and compelling alternative to mass-produced food.”
- Visit 20 exhibitors to learn about, sample, and purchase their sustainable food products.
- Attend free talks about backyard beekeeping, chicken keeping, organic gardening, community gardening, and the soil food web.
- Attend tasting workshops including artisan honey, ultra-premium extra virgin olive oil, organic chocolate, biodynamic Champagne plus a cheesemaking for beginners workshop; $10 each.
- Enjoy organic fresh juices, snacks and lunches from an organic restaurant.
- $15 per person, $20 per couple, or $25 per family
- Tasting Workshops are an additional $10 per person, per session