Special Education Legal Fund Inc, headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut and co-founded by Greenwich residents Christine Lai and Ulrika Drinkall, is hosting a free online special education school webinar on October 22 , 2020 for interested parents and community members.
Featuring Winston Preparatory School (Norwalk), The American School for the Deaf (West Hartford), Eagle Hill School Greenwich, Fusion Academy Greenwich, and Villa Maria School (Stamford), the panel will focus on a discussion of the challenges of the COVID-19 era from the standpoint of independent special education schools.
The panel, moderated by Special Education Legal Fund’s Executive Director Christine Lai, will feature distinguished guests including Beth Sugerman (Head of School, Winston Preparatory School), Jeffrey Bravin (Executive Director, American School for the Deaf), Jim Heus (Interim Head of School, Eagle Hill), Margaret Gregory (Head of School, Fusion Academy), and William DeHaven (Head of School, Villa Maria School).
The panel will focus on questions such as:
• What challenges did each school face in transitioning to remote learning?
• What lessons did each school learn in the spring remote learning period?
• How did these schools tackle the return to an in-person teaching model?
• What does the average day look like in the in-person model & how has it changed?
• What did remote learning look like in the spring for each school and what does it look like now?
• What safety protocols did these schools implement to assure the welfare of their communities?
• What challenges remain for the balance of 2020-2021, and into the future?
• What keeps these school heads up at night?
To register for the webinar, please visit Eventbrite at: