The Greenwich Public Schools offers a choice to the families of Greenwich that may wish to apply to any of the District’s four elementary magnet schools and one middle school magnet program. School choice provides opportunities to attend a school with programs that may be of particular interest to a family and/or an individual student. School choice also provides the District with a means of balancing enrollment among its schools on a voluntary basis rather than by mandating school attendance area changes.
The Magnet School Application Guidelines Packet is available on the Greenwich Schools website at:
The deadline for Magnet Applications for the 2021-2022 school year is February 5, 2021.
Greenwich Public Magnet Schools
All Greenwich Public Elementary/Middle Schools, including magnets, teach the same curriculum and provide the same basic support service programs.
• Hamilton Avenue School, Grades K-5, is the District’s first Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Mathematics (STEAM) school boasting an outstanding suzuki violin program and state of the art STEAM design lab.
• The International School at Dundee, Grades K-5, is an authorized International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme School and the District’s first magnet school, opening in 2000.
• Julian Curtiss School, Grades K-5, is a magnet school of World Languages since 2003; students represent 60 Countries, & 30 Languages, in one great school. We offer the choice of learning either Spanish or French.
• New Lebanon School, Grades K-5, is an authorized International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme school and has been a magnet school since 2009.
• Western Middle School, Grades 6-8, re-opened as a magnet school in 2013 and is currently offering an AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) magnet program/theme.