Originally published on sister site by David Gurliacci at Darienite.com
When a woman got up to get her lunch at Panera Bread last Wednesday, her wallet and all the credit cards in it were stolen, and before she’d left the restaurant, the charges started coming in from two stores in Greenwich:
- Shortly before 3 p.m.: A total of $3,340 was charged to her Visa card from the Saks Fifth Avenue store.
- 3:05 p.m.: A total of $796 was charged to her Mastercard from the Apple Store.
- 3:10 p.m.: Another $849 was charged at the same store to the same credit card.
- 3:11 p.m.: A total of $796 was charged at the Apple Store, this time to a Visa card.
- 3:30 p.m.: Back at Saks Fifth Avenue, $3,609 was charged to a Visa card.
- 3:36 p.m.: An attempt was made to charge another $3,609 at Saks Fifth Avenue, this time to a BMW credit card, but the transaction was declined.
- 4:12 p.m.: A total of $796 was charged to a debit card at the Apple Store.
Total haul: $10,186 charged in about an hour and 15 minutes. For full story click to Darienite.com