On Monday, Greenwich Police were dispatched to Chase Bank at 111 West Putnam Avenue on a report of a suspect who was attempting to withdraw money from an ATM using fraudulent debit cards.
When Police arrived the suspect was still at the bank, but he took off running and refused to obey officers’ commands. two officers chased him and took him to the ground.
Shevon Charles was arrested by Greenwich Police around 4:45pm in a parking lot on Dayton Avenue.
No one was injured. The suspect had no weapons.
After police arrested Mr. Charles, they found him in possession of five fraudulent debit cards.
He was charged with:
- Larceny 4
- Fraudulent Use of ATM (5 counts)
- Credit Card Theft (5 counts)
- Illegal Use of Credit Card (5 counts)
- Receiving Good/Services Obtained Illegally (5 counts)
- Identity Theft 3 (5 counts)
- Criminal Impersonation (5 counts)
- Interfering with an Officer
Mr. Charles was unable to post his bond of $150,000.
He was assigned a court date on July 31, 2017 in Stamford Superior Court.