The Greenwich Fire Department is actively seeking Volunteer Firefighters and Fire Police, to join the 7 Volunteer Fire Companies/ 1 Fire Police Patrol within the Town of Greenwich.
Volunteer members of the Greenwich Fire Department work along the Career Firefighters as a team in mitigating emergency fire calls. You will be taught the skills both in house and outside of the department in order to operate safely. The Department will provide the personal protective gear that you will need to get the job done.
The Greenwich Fire Department respond town wide to about 4,000 alarms a year. The type of alarms ranges from structure fires, motor vehicle accidents, natural disasters, and medical assists to name a few.
To qualify as a member of the Greenwich Fire Department team as a Volunteer Firefighter you will need to do the following:
• Have the desire to help your fellow citizens in need
• Commit yourself to the training (State of CT Firefighter I/HAZMAT OPS Certification is 160 hours to become certified), drills monthly for to keep skills up to date
• Pass a criminal back ground check
• Pass the Town of Greenwich Pre-employment physical (no cost to the Volunteer)
• Intake meeting with the Volunteer Coordinator
• Application with one of the various Volunteer Fire Companies
• Must live or work within the Town of Greenwich, CT
• Must be at least 18 years of age to apply
• Life time of Transferable skills you can take anywhere: Team work, leadership, certifications, social events, networking, etc.
• Tax Abatement Program
• Call Response $7.50 stipend
• Training in or outside of the Department
• Training Stipends
• Fire Gear/uniforms/Fire pagers
• Discounted Health Insurance
• Yearly Physical
• Can enroll with the Greenwich Municipal Employees Federal Credit Union
• Annual Recognition Dinner
• Monthly Volunteer Fire Company/Fire Police Patrol Meeting
• Company Drill
• Town Wide Drill (two deliveries – one only attend)
• Fire Alarms
So what are you waiting for… contact Brian M. Kelly today, GFD Volunteer Coordinator, 203-618-8877 or
email: [email protected]