Harry Brant, the son of billionaire Peter Brant, a businessman who founded Greenwich Polo Club and the The Brant Foundation Art Study Center on North Street, and supermodel Stephanie Seymour, has died of an accidental drug overdose, according to the New York Times.
Harry Brant died Sunday. He was 24.
The article cites a statement from family saying the cause of death was an accidental drug overdose of prescription drugs, and that he had struggled with addiction for several years and had been planning to enter a new drug rehabilitation center this year.
“Harry was not just our son,” the family said in the statement quoted in the New York Times. “He was also a wonderful brother, loving grandson, favorite uncle and a caring friend. He was a creative, loving and powerful soul that brought light into so many people’s hearts. He was truly a beautiful person inside and out.”
His last post on Instagram was of photo of himself with Miley Cyrus and French stylist Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele on Jan 7, where an outpouring of condolences included a comment from Gavin McLeod-Valentine saying, “I cannot believe you are gone. You were such a beautiful prince. I miss you so much. You were always an elusive chanteuse but this final act is too much bare.”