Brides-to-be who love a good deal will be interested in a unique shopping opportunity from A Little Something White Bridal Couture in Darien.
There will be a blowout sample sale on Saturday, July 16 from 9am-5pm.
Boutique owner Ashley Krauss adores a good bargain, so naturally she was all in for including her store as part of the inaugural National Bridal Sale Day (nationalbridalsaleday.com). This day bloomed from a collective desire from bridal salons across the country to help brides get deals on their dream dress. While the 16th is the National celebration, Krauss is feeling so festive that she’s extended her store’s sale through July 30, 2016.
The bridal gowns on sale at A Little Something White are originally priced from $1,500-$6,000, and reduced to $500-$2,000.
“We are thrilled to offer gowns at 50-70% off from some of the industry’s top bridal designers,” said Krauss. “Designers include Anna Maier, Amsale, Alvina Valenta, Judd Waddell, Kelly Faetanini, Liancarlo, Sareh Nouri, and Ti Adora!”
As part of this sale, Krauss has included a selection of veils, jewelry, shoes, belts/sashes, bridesmaids and special occasion dresses.
Brides will maximize this shopping extravaganza if they already know the fabrics and silhouettes they prefer, so they can hone in on those styles ASAP. The gowns that are a part of this sale are predominantly bridal sizes 10 and 12 (an everyday size 6-10). There will be plenty for brides who are 5’9″ or less with a size D cup or less, and a smaller selection of dresses outside this range.
Other tips for making the most of this budget-friendly experience:
* Book an appointment. Plan on spending one hour at the sale, which means you are power-shopping. Be patient if you walk-in, you’ll get a fitting room when available, but scheduled customers have priority.
* Limit your posse to two people. This event is going to be busy and space will be precious.
* Try on up to 5 gowns at a time. Let the amazing staff at A Little Something White help you rotate out the ones you’ve decided against and bring you new options.
* Manage your expectations. Sample sale gowns are sold as is. Certain gowns may require cleaning, repairs, and alterations, which are not included in the price of the dress. Gown cleaning is available for $225. “Since this is such a fun day,” Krauss explains, “we are offering a special promotion for all of the brides who purchase their sale gown on July 16—they’ll get $125 off of gown cleaning!” Alteration pricing is determined on a case-by-case basis.
* Bring your wallet—and a big enough car. Sample sale gowns must be paid in full (all sales are final) and taken with you on the day of purchase. If you will be doing alterations at A Little Something White, just bring the gown back with you the day of your fitting.
* Get ready for a hug. Even though the sample sale shopping is more hectic than the typical A Little Something White experience, you will still be celebrated when you say “I do” to your sale gown.
To preview the gorgeous gowns in the sample sale, visit alittlesomethingwhite’s sample sale page. A Little Something White Bridal Couture is located at 1292 Boston Post Road in Darien, CT. To contact the store call (203) 309-5110, or email [email protected]