Greenwich Wine + Food on Wednesday confirmed musical talent, chef participation and additional events that will be part of its 10-year anniversary celebration taking place this October.
Tickets are now on sale, featuring completely re-imagined events and festivities that recreate the most memorable experiences from the past decade. Beneficiaries include two national non-profit organizations with roots in Connecticut – The Jacques Pépin Foundation and Wholesome Wave. Premium sponsors include Wagoneer and Greenwich Hospital.
“We are excited to share additional details for this year’s programming, which will look like nothing you’ve ever seen before, to help us commemorate our big anniversary,” said Suni Unger, founder and CEO of Unger Media, the parent company behind Greenwich Wine + Food and Serendipity magazine. “It would be impossible for us to celebrate the food of New Orleans without legendary chef and restaurateur Dickie Brennan, and we are thrilled that he will be joining us as our Master of Ceremonies at The Big Easy event! We have exciting bands coming to perform as part of that evening, including Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, notable acclaimed chefs from the area committing to cooking at our Gala event the following week, and wine, spirits and cocktails ready to be performed! All of these details come together to show the true mission of Greenwich Wine + Food, celebrating food and community while raising funds for important causes, and there’s still more exciting news and events to come!”
The 2022 Greenwich Wine + Food celebration will kick off on Saturday, October 1 with “The Big Easy,” honoring the sights, sounds and flavors of New Orleans with a mini–French Quarter at The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY, featuring legendary New Orleans Chef/Restaurateur Dickie Brennan as the evening’s Master of Ceremonies. The event will begin at 5:00pm with a private reception for special ticket holders, with doors opening to the dine-around event at 5:30pm. Celebrity and acclaimed area chefs will be serving traditional NOLA eats from 5:30pm-8:30pm. Local craft brews, wine and iconic Bourbon Street cocktails will be served from 5:00pm-10:45pm. The 2022 class of Serendipity’s Most Innovative Chefs will also be honored at this lively event: Steven Chen (MIKU, Greenwich, CT), Will Friedman (Kawa Ni, Westport, CT), Jared Sippel (L’Ostal, Darien, CT) and Renee Touponce (Oyster Club, Mystic, CT).
Adding to the evening’s celebration will be music beginning at 6:00pm from Dumpstaphunk (featuring Cyril Neville performing the music of The Meters), Big Head Todd and the Monsters and Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue. Tickets (21+ only) range from $340, including access to the dine-around, open bar, orchestra concert viewing, official wine glass and beer glass and official tote bag, to $7,200, including access for six to the dine-around, open bar, seating in a private presidential suite with personal waitstaff and VIP parking, amongst other benefits. VIP parking can be added on to all tickets for $20 per vehicle (limited availability).
The Greenwich Wine + Food 10th Anniversary Celebrity Chef Gala on Friday, October 7, honoring legendary chef Jacques Pépin, will include renowned chefs cooking and mingling with guests throughout the evening. The evening will begin with a 6:00pm VIP reception with Pépin, Michel Nischan (Wholesome Wave), Rocco DiSpirito, Silvia Barban and other special guests (for special ticketholders only). A cocktail reception will follow at 6:30pm, followed by the Chef’s Table dinner at 7:30pm. Confirmed chefs who will prepare a four-course meal in front of guests at their designated tables include:
- Carlos Baez (The Spread, El Segundo, Magic Pie);
- Silvia Barban (La Rina);
- Jes Bengston (Terrain Garden Café, Amis Trattoria)
- Evan Corrales (The Restaurant at Rowayton Seafood);
- Albert DeAngelis (Eastend);
- Julio Genao (Prime);
- Michael Kaplan (Purdy’s Farmer & The Fish);
- Bun Lai (Miya’s Sushi);
- Geoff Lazlo (Geoff Lazlo Food, The Country Table);
- Stephen Lewandowski (Townhouse);
- Nick Martschenko (South End, SE Uncorked, SE Back End);
- George Mendes (Abigail Kirsch);
- Emily Mingrone (Tavern on State, Provisions on State, Fair Haven Oyster Company);
- Forest Pasternak (Bailey’s Backyard Farm to Table Restaurant);
- Debra Ponzek (Aux Delices);
- Matt Storch (Match, Match Burger Lobster);
- Bill Taibe (The Whelk, Kawa Ni, Don Memo);
- Luke Venner (Elm).
In addition to this multi-course dinner, the evening will feature special programming to celebrate the incredible contributions that Pépin has made to the culinary world, capped off with dancing and music from DJ April Larken. Held at Abigail Kirsch The Loading Dock in Stamford, CT, this limited ticket event will allow guests to purchase tables for groups of 10 and select their preferred award-winning chef. Tickets range from $12,500 for two admissions to the VIP reception and gala, as well as four VIP tickets to “The Big Easy,” amongst other benefits, to $1,500 for two admissions to the cocktail reception and gala. Purchasing an entire table of 10 is also an option for $25,000, which also includes VIP tickets to “The Big Easy,” amongst other benefits.
In addition to these two, all-new flagship events, Greenwich Wine + Food is hosting additional celebrations, with confirmed events including:
- Speakeasy Dinner: A nod to the classic 1920’s speakeasy, South Norwalk-based distillery, SONO 1420 will take guests back in time by serving up popular 1920’s inspired libations with a modern twist on Thursday, October 6. The cocktails and cuisine, however, will be anything but old-fashioned. The chef (TBA) for the evening will be preparing a three-course dinner to pair with the cocktails. Tickets are $120 per person and include dinner and cocktails.
- Omakase Dinner: Set sail to Rowayton Seafood Restaurant and Market for an alfresco multi-course omakase dinner on their beautiful patio on the water, featuring sushi and a sake or wine pairing, on Tuesday, October 4. Tickets are $150 per person, including dinner and beverages.
- Pop-Up Dinner: Bakery, cafe, and flour mill by day, Kneads in Westport will transform their space for an elegant seven-course, farm-to-fork dinner complemented with wine pairings on Wednesday, October 5. Acclaimed Chef’s Daniel and Brittany Moreno source their food from local farmers. Tickets are $200 per person, including dinner and wine.
Additional events will be added in the coming weeks.