The Greenwich Dept of Health is offering flu and pneumonia vaccine clinics this season.
Influenza, “the flu,” is a highly contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. These viruses are spread when a person who has the flu coughs, sneezes or touches a surface handle by others.
It can be mild or severe, and infects millions of Americans every year.
And, since the flu viruses and the virus that causes Covid-19 will be circulating this season, it is possible to have the flu as well as other respiratory illnesses such as Covid-19 or RSV (respiratory syncytial virus) at the same time. Getting a flu vaccine is especially important to protect your health, your family’s health, coworkers, health care workers and the community this season.
The Dept of Health plans to purchase the new Moderna Covid-19 vaccine now that it is available. However, a separate announcement will be made with a Covid-19 vaccination clinic date and time.
Clinic Schedule 2023:
- Thursday, October 5, and Thursday, Oct. 12, 11:00am to 3:00pm on the ground floor of Greenwich Town Hall.
- Friday, October 20, 10:00am to 2:00pm on the ground floor of Greenwich Town Hall
- Wednesday, October 25, from 3:00pm to 6:00pm on the ground floor of Greenwich Town Hall
Acceptable insurance coverage:
- Anthem BC/BS
- Traditional Medicare Part B
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- United Healthcare/Oxford
- Important: Residents should bring their insurance cards with them.
Fees for no insurance or insurance the department cannot accept:
- Seasonal influenza vaccine: $35
- High dose vaccine: $65 (65 years or older)
- Pneumonia (PPSV23): $121
- Pneumonia (PCV20): $270
Medicaid will not be accepted. Patients are advised to call 203-622-6495 for assistance. Aetna, Magnacare and Connecticare cannot be accepted.
Cash (exact change preferred) or checks made out to “Town of Greenwich” are accepted. Credit cards are not accepted.
Short sleeves and attendance no earlier than 15 minutes before the start of the clinic will be appreciated.
For persons age 9 and up.
The public is encouraged to call the flu line at 203-622-3774 prior to attending any clinics.
All changes to the set schedule will be recorded and publicized to the best of the department’s capability.