Greenwich Free Press has two tickets to give away again this year to the Wine + Food Festival in Roger Sherman Baldwin Park on Saturday, Sept. 26, which is the heart of the event: The Culinary Village!
This year, the lucky winners need just email the editor a 10-20 second (max) video clip that demonstrates why you deserve the tickets. Humor is appreciated. Think puppets, disguises, impersonations. Be creative. Email your short video clip to [email protected] by Friday, Sept. 18th at noon.
Note: Don’t upload your video to Youtube or Vimeo. Just attach the clip .MOV to an email.
We’ll share entries on the GFP Facebook page and home page and ask for votes from our readers.
The two tickets mean access to the Culinary Village. Here is the schedule:
- 12:30-5:30pm – Grand Tasting Tent, hosting more than 150 food and beverage vendors (the first 1000 ticket buyers will be notified prior to the event that they have early access at 11:30 am.
- 12:30-5:30pm – AITORO & DACOR Celebrity Chef Demo Tents, presented by Balducci’s, featuring entertaining and instructional demonstrations from local and national culinary talent.
- 12:30-6:00pm – Celebrity Green Room, presented by Serendipitysocial.com and The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, hosting attending celebrities, culinary experts and musicians being interviewed by industry experts in a luxury lounge.
- 12:30-5:30pm – Cocktail Demo Tent, presented by Watson’s Catering, showcasing Sommeliers, Mixologists and Brewmasters demonstrating their craft.
- 1:30pm – The Empire City Casino Tent gives guests the chance to try their luck for incredible prizes playing black jack and other casino games while indulging in “The Spiked Cow Wow” – a signature cocktail of Matt Heisel, Executive Sous Chef at Empire City Casino. Non-alcoholic “Cow Wow” also available.
- 1:00-5:00pm – Celebrity Bookstore, presented by Barbara Zaccagnini, offering guests the chance to meet the minds behind cookbooks and culinary reads.
- 3:30-8:30pm – Budweiser + Burgers Tent, inviting guests to taste and vote for the best burger from local restaurants.
- 3:30-8:30pm – The Grill Master Party with Extreme Chef Terry French, offering up custom-crafted BBQ creations for guests to sample.
- 4:30pm – Burger Battle hosted by Adam Richman in the Budweiser + Burgers Tent, featuring local restaurants serving up their custom-crafted burgers for judging by a panel of Festival Celebrity Guests including Geoffrey Zakarian, Rocco Dispirito, Terry French, Harold Dieterle and Alex Guarnaschelli.
- 5:30-7:00pm – Top Bartender Showdown in the Empire City Casino tent, featuring area bartenders serving custom cocktails created with KEEL Vodka to be judged by a panel of judges, as well as offering samples to all guests for a People’s Choice Award.
- 6:00-8:30pm – Tacos & Tequila!, featuring local restaurants showing off their top taco dish.
- 7:00-10:00pm – Main Festival Stage, presented by Pepsi, featuring headliner and CMA Award-winning country group Little Big Town performing at 8:30pm.
- 7:00-10:00pm – Saturday on Stage Dinner, offering 100 guests the opportunity to view the concert from an elevated platform just feet away from the stage, while enjoying dinner from On the Marc Catering with premium liquor, wine and beer (this is a separate ticketed event).
- FREE parking will be available on Saturday at Greenwich Plaza and at the Horseneck Lane Commuter Parking Lot, with guest shuttles sponsored by The Ashforth Company.