Tuesday: All Greenwich Public Schools will operate on a TWO-HOUR DELAYED OPENING schedule Tuesday, February 3, 2015
Monday: Update from Town Hall:
The BET Budget Presentations and Public Hearing originally scheduled for Monday Night, will be postponed until Tuesday, February 3, 2015 in the Town Hall Meeting Room. The schedule remains the same:
6:00 p.m. First Selectman’s Budget Presentation
6:30 p.m. Superintendent and Board of Education’s Presentation
7:00 p.m. Public Hearing
Update: Town Hall will not open until 11:00am.
A winter storm warning is in effect until 6:00pm. Snow, freezing rain and sleet are during the day will change to snow after 4:00pm. A high of 34° is forecast during the day and a low of 6° overnight. The National Weather Service says snow and ice will accumulate:
ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 8 TO 12 INCHES...ALONG WITH AROUND ONE QUARTER OF AN INCH OF ICE.
12:00 noon — MORE updates from Parks & Rec:
Men’s Basketball League Games at E.G.C.C. are postponed.
Indoor Soccer with Aldwin at E.G.C.C. is cancelled.
Tennis For Tots at Bendheim W.G.C.C. is cancelled.
All Platform Tennis Courts are closed until further notice.
Hamill Skting Rink has delayed opening at 12:00 noon
Bendheim W.G.C.C. and E.G.C.C. both have delayed openings at 1:00 pm.
Parks & Rec Updates:
- Cos Cob Pre-School is closed today.
- All Platform Tennis Courts are closed and will remain closed until further notice.
- Dorothy Hamill Rink has a delayed opening until 12:00 noon.
- Bendheim W.G.C.C. has a delayed opening until 1:00 pm.
- Eastern Greenwich Civic Center has a delayed openiong until 1:00 pm
- There will be further updates made as needed during the day. You may also call 203-861-6100 or visit www.teamsideline.com/
The email went out from Greenwich Board of Education at 4:42am: All Greenwich Public Schools are CLOSED today, Monday, February 2, 2015.
UPDATE from YMCA: Due to the storm, The YMCA will open no earlier than 12:00pm. We may still need to adjust, based on weather and road conditions. Remember to check our website, Facebook or Twitter before leaving for the Y.
- No youth classes before 12 noon.
- No group fitness classes before 12 noon.
- No Child Watch
- Childcare at St. Roch is Closed.
- MTA is operating regular service Monday.
Greenwich Libraries are closed Monday due to the weather
- Note from Greenwich Police: The Greenwich Police urge all residents to stay off the road during the impending storm. This will allow DPW to do their job in a safe and efficient manner in clearing our roadways. If you must drive, give yourself extra time to get to your destination and drive with caution. Driving speeds should be substantially reduced to avoid accidents.