- Holly Hill Recycling Facility is Closed Friday, July 4
- Greenwich Library is Closed on Friday, July 4 closed
- Greenwich Town Hall is Closed Friday, July 4
- Post offices are closed Friday, July 4
- Connecticut state government offices are closed.
- The Connecticut DMV is closed Friday, July 4
- YMCA of Greenwich is open Friday July 4 from 5:am to 12 noon (Regular hours for Sat and Sun)
- Whole Foods, 90 E. Putnam Ave, open regular hours: 7am 10pm Friday, July 4
- Bow Tie Theater at 2 Railroad Ave is featuring Jersey Boys, Chef and Begin Again
Metro North Schedule Changes – Extra Service for Independence Day
Metro North anticipates additional customers on trains from Grand Central on Thursday, July 3. During the 12 noon through 4:00 p.m. time frame when 12,000 customers climb aboard trains departing Grand Central, those numbers are expected to triple to 36,000 on Thursday, July 3, according to the MTA website.
In order to accommodate everyone’s “getaway” needs, Metro-North will provide 10 additional New Haven Line departures from 1:04 p.m. through 5:59 p.m.
All regularly scheduled “Friday Only” departures on all three lines will operate on Thursday, July 3.
Customers traveling into Manhattan for the Macy’s Fourth of July fireworks are advised to purchase round-strip tickets from their home train station. All Friday fares will be off peak and trains will operate on a Sunday schedule.
Email news tips to Greenwich Free Press editor [email protected]
Like us on Facebook
Subscribe to the daily Greenwich Free Press newsletter.