During a single 24-hour period, donors are asked to make online donations through www.FCGives.org to their favorite local non-profits.
The goal of the giving day is to raise $1 Million for nearly 300 non-profits in the region.
Participating non-profit groups are doing work in areas critical to the community – from housing to education to the arts and more.
As an extra incentive, non-profits are vying for prizes of up to $25,000.
Every donation a non-profit receives – whether $10 or $100 – counts towards their total and could help them win a prize or earn a $1,000 matching donation.
Greenwich based non-profits participating in Fairfield County Giving Day:
- Audubon Greenwich
- Bruce Museum, Inc.
- Community Centers Inc.
- Garden Education Center of Greenwich Inc.
- Greenwich Alliance for Education Foundation Inc.
- Greenwich Ballet Academy Inc.
- Family Centers Inc.
- Greenwich Green and Clean Inc.
- Greenwich Land Trust Inc.
- YMCA of Greenwich
- Neighbor to Neighbor Inc.
- Mianus River Watershed Council Inc.