St. Lawrence University in Canton, New York, welcomes the following students as members of the Class of 2018:
- Nicolas F. Coty of Greenwich. Coty attended Salisbury School.
- Kevin W. Downs of Greenwich. Downs attended Brunswick School.
- Vincenzo D. Ferraro of Cos Cob. Ferraro attended Westminster School.
- Reid M.V. Kugler of Greenwich. Kugler attended Millbrook School.
- Jeffrey J. Meeker of Greenwich. Meeker attended Berkshire School.
- Charles T. Russell of Greenwich. Russell attended Westminster School.
- Gordon H. Smith of Greenwich. Smith attended Brunswick School.
The Class of 2018 with its 610 students is one of the most diverse in St. Lawrence’s 158-year history, with 14 percent being U.S. students of color and 52 percent being female.
Each first-year student participates in St. Lawrence University’s innovative First-Year Program – one of the oldest living-learning programs in the country – helping students make successful transitions from high school to college.
Students live together and are taught by faculty teams, developing the writing, speaking, and research skills needed for college. Students continue to develop these skills in a spring First-Year Seminar.
Founded in 1856, St. Lawrence University is a private, independent liberal arts institution of about 2,500 students located in Canton, NY.