Many Charges for Port Chester Man after Hit-and-Run in at Wilbur Peck

On Oct 1, at approximately 8:30pm, Greenwich Police were dispatched to the parking lot of the Wilbur Peck Court on a report of two motor vehicle collisions involving a white Acura driven by someone who was possibly intoxicated.

Upon arrival, police located a white Acura SUV in the travel lane of the parking lot. Several area residents were in the area, after having heard the collisions. According to Police, the Acura had sustained front end damage, was turned off and had its exterior lights still illuminated.

When asked where the operator was, several bystanders pointed to a subject ascending a portion of stairs in the southeast corner of Wilbur Peck.

Upon seeing responding officers, the suspect fled in a southern direction into Wilbur Peck. Greenwich Police officers pursued the suspect, later identified as Victor Tenezeca, 30, of 49 Traverse Ave in Port Chester, chasing him on foot to a second floor balcony where he was trying to gain entrance into an apartment.

Tenezeca was detained and brought back to the scene. The Acura ignition key was located in Tenezeca’s pocket. Investigation revealed that Tenezeca had taken the Acura without the owners permission. Witnesses had seen him operating the Acura, strike two vehicles in the parking lot. According to Police Tenezeca did not have a license.

While speaking with Tenezeca on scene he had the odor of alcoholic type beverages on his breath. His eyes were red, glassy and bloodshot, and he was unsteady on his feet while speaking with officers. Tenezeca was placed under arrest.

Mr. Tenezeca was charged with Evading Responsibility, DUI, Fail to Drive in Proper Lane, Operating with no License, Using/Tampering Motor Vehicle without Permission, and interfering with an officer.

At Greenwich Police headquarters, Tenezeca agreed to submit to Standardized Field Sobriety Tests which he was not able to perform to standard. He agreed to provide two breath samples with results above the .08 limit. His bond was set at $5,000 which he was unable to post, and was placed into Cell 4. He has a court date at Stamford Superior Court on Oct. 8, 2015.