Greenwich Police are now accepting applications for Public Safety Dispatch Telecommunicators.
Telecommunicators, in accordance with the appropriate standards, policies, and procedures, answers and responds to 911 emergency and non-emergency radio and telephone calls for police, fire, emergency medical services (EMS), and other associated services in the Town of Greenwich.
The position reports to the Lead Dispatcher or Operations Lieutenant.
The application period ends Sept 25, 2023.
Salary: $28.14 – $38.86 Hourly
High School Diploma plus three years of professional experience in the provision of services using computer technology in a fast-paced environment, or in the provision of public safety services.
Prior public safety telecommunications experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the geographic boundaries of the Town, including the location of streets, important buildings, and sub-divisions.
- Proven knowledge of the appropriate use of radio, telephone, and transmission equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure during emergency situations.
- Proven ability to effectively multi-task.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize a computer, two-way radio, multiple-button telephone, telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD), and other equipment used for dispatch and recording.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply laws, ordinances, departmental policies, rules, and instructions.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and maintain positive working relationships.
Information on the application process is available on the town website here.
At the Public Safety Complex, Christine Gianfrancesco said she has worked as a telecommunicator for 9-1/2 years. April 10, 2017 Photo: Leslie Yager