On Monday Greenwich Police announced the arrests of two men for the 4th of July illegal fireworks in Bible Street Park.
“Arrest warrants were issued after Stamford Superior Court reviewed the case,” said Captain Mark Zuccerella. “The Greenwich Police Department takes incidents like this seriously. The amount of explosive fireworks coupled with the close proximity of homes posed a risk to the area. These devices are regulated by law for good reason.”
On Sept 4, Greenwich Police charged both Patrick John Bria, 47, of Bible Street in Cos Cob and Dominick Perri, 48, of Olive Ln in Norwalk by warrant for Illegal Possession of Exploding Fireworks, General Statutes: 29-357(a).
Bria and Perri surrendered to GPD around 3:30pm.
Bria was released on a promise to appear in Stamford Superior Court on Sept 18, 2020.
Back on July 4 police responded to Bible Street Park on a report of a large group gathering in anticipation of a fireworks display.
The display consisted of two 4-foot by 8-foot pieces of plywood with professional aerial exploding fireworks, similar to ones used at Town sanctioned fireworks, adhered to the boards. Only 25% of the fireworks ignited. The other 75% failed to ignite due to fuse failure.
The Stamford Bomb Squad needed to be called to the scene and assumed control of the disposal.
The confiscated fireworks were safely detonated at Holly Hill, the town dump, on Sunday by the Stamford Bomb Squad.
Last July police charged Bria with Assault 3 for an incident that took place on Harbor Drive in Belle Haven where they he say choked a victim around the neck and punched him several times in the chest and back causing bruises to the neck, back and chest. That case is awaiting disposition and according to the State of CT Judicial branch website the file is statutorily sealed.