Mike’s Organic is expanding its offerings in Greenwich just in time for the fall season.
Mike’s brings customers good food that does good, sourcing directly from 250+ small, local farmers and artisans. In addition to interactive experiences to connect the community with their food and the people behind it, the store offers a curated selection of the best: local produce, pastured meats and eggs, grass-fed dairy, wild fish, pantry selections, local baked goods, vegan & gluten-free options and more.
Mike’s has partnered with Winfield Street Coffee on an Outpost that will launch September 1. The Mike’s Winfield Cos Cob outpost will be open daily from 7:00am to 2:00pm, and guests can enjoy a variety of hot and cold coffee offerings, from lattes and macchiatos to cocoa and tea.
There will also be a signature Mike’s Strawberry Hibiscus Refresher, made with organic crimson tea, strawberry syrup, lemonade and dried strawberries. Winfield started as a deli in Norwalk in 2015 and has since expanded to encompass 7 locations across Connecticut (Stamford + Westport), New York, and Florida.
Founder Breno Donatti, who immigrated to the US from Brazil when he was 18-years-old, got his start in Greenwich back in 2007 washing dishes at Pizza Post. All of the coffee is organic, and Winfield also roasts their own coffee which will be available for purchase at Mike’s.
Mike’s will also partner with Fairfield County-based Sprout Juicery to offer shoppers organic, raw, cold-pressed juices at Mike’s. The Sprout’s team will be on-site daily to educate customers on their freshly made juices.
Other new offerings and programming highlights at Mike’s include:
- Starting in September, Mike’s Organic Food Truck will be open for breakfast every weekday from 8:00-11:00am. Lunch and dinner will be starting every weekday in the coming weeks. Currently, the food truck is open Tuesdays for Taco Tuesday from 12-3pm and 5-8pm, and Saturday & Sunday for breakfast (9am-11:30am featuring classics like a bacon, egg and cheese and avocado toast) and lunch (11:30am-3pm featuring favorites like lobster rolls and cheeseburgers). The food truck is also available for private events.
- Made by Mike’s signature organic soft serve Ice cream will now be available 7 days a week from 3:00pm-7:00pm. Mike’s is the only place on the East Coast to offer ice cream made with organic, grass-fed milk from Straus Family Creamery
- Mike’s has expanded its Made by Mike’s prepared foods offerings to include a number of health-forward wraps and salads, created by Holistic Nutritionist and Health Coach Meredith Geller
- Every Tuesday from 2:00-6:00pm this fall guests can visit Mike’s Outdoor Pop-Up Markets. Meet local farmers + artisans, shop the freshest produce + goods and have some fun.
- Every Sunday from 9:30am-1:00pm, Greenwich-based Big Picture will be on-site with a fun craft activity for kids
- September Programming
- September 9: Come say hi to cows from CT-based Shaggy Coos Farm, and sample chocolate milk
- September 17: 10:0am-1:00pm: Come meet our goat friends and participate in Goat Yoga
- September 23-24 & September 30-October 1: Apple Fest: a fun-filled event for the whole family featuring a variety of all kinds of apples to pick, fresh apple cider, apple cider donuts, pumpkins and more
- September 23: Anel Dzafic, founder of Greenwich-based Countdown Fitness, will host a 30-minute outdoor workout class at 9am / sign up link to come