Submitted by Michael-Joseph Mercanti-Anthony
I’m excited to announce my candidacy for a seat on the Greenwich Board of Education. I hope you will consider supporting me on Election Day, November 2nd.
A career educator, I have 23 years of experience in public education as a teacher, administrator, and education professor. Currently, I work for the New York City Department of Education as a Director of Continuous Improvement – where I help struggling schools develop better systems for academic success. I hold a doctorate in educational leadership from the University of Pennsylvania and previously served on the BOE of my hometown of Haddonfield, NJ for five years.
Eleven years ago, I followed my wife, Dr. Catherine Berzolla, back here to her home town to raise a
family. Together we have two boys and live in Riverside.
There are four specific areas of concern where I strongly believe the next BOE must improve. If I am
elected, these areas would constitute a four-point agenda for reforming the board’s approach to
overseeing the school system.
Mike’s 4-Point Plan for Greenwich Public Schools:
• Develop appropriate systems for BOE Governance to stop the constant lurch from crisis to crisis
• Align special education services with modern best practices to support our neediest learners
• Provide fiscal leadership that prioritizes shared services and cost efficiencies
• Demand instructional leadership that aligns classroom practice with research-based best practices in learning science.
I hope you will consider supporting me through the options below:
• Follow my campaign on Facebook!
• Visit the website to sign up for updates!
• Forward this email to voters you know!
Let’s work to make Greenwich one of the premier public-school districts in the country. We have the talent, resources, and community strength to be a national model for ensuring all students reach their potential.
Michael-Joseph Mercanti-Anthony, Ed.D
Candidate, Greenwich Board of Education