The Greenwich Health + Wellness Expo is a special event for older adults and caregivers. Expect music, movement and laughter. The event is set for Thursday, October 3, 2019, 9:00am – 1:00pm at The Eastern Greenwich Civic Center, 90 Harding Road in Old Greenwich.
9:00 – 1:00
– Flu, Pneumonia & Shingles Vaccines (fees may apply according to your medical plan.)
– Free Health, Blood Pressure and Cholesterol Screenings
9:00 – 10:45 Free Continental Breakfast and Coffee
11:30 Raffle for prizes
11:45 FREE LUNCH for the first 200
12:00 Featured Event: The way to good health is by staying active, happy and
moving. Back by popular demand. Hollyrock Entertainment Host and DJ will have us
laughing and playing Name That Tune, Simon Says and Hula Hoops with his Celebrity
Big Heads. A good time will be had by all.
This year, the Annual Greenwich Health + Wellness Expo theme is all about Movement and laughter. Older Adult residents of Greenwich are welcome to walk through and enjoy visiting with this year’s sponsors of the Greenwich Commission on Aging. Flu shots and vaccines are available in the Flu Clinic. Breakfast will be served, followed by a free lunch for the first 200 people and our featured event for all.
Participants 65 years of age or older must bring their Medicare Advantage ID
Card/Traditional Medicare Part B Card or a fee of $35.00 (Seasonal); $55.00 (High
Dose); $100.00 (Pneumovax 23);$195.00 (Prevnar 13) will be charged for the
immunizations. Influenza and pneumonia vaccinations are also covered by United Health Care/Oxford Plan. Medicare Advantage Plans DO NOT cover pneumonia immunizations received at public clinics.
Pneumonia immunizations must be over one year apart or Medicare will not cover the cost.
Checks should be made payable to the “TOWN OF GREENWICH” and if paying in cash,
exact change will be appreciated.
Medicaid will not be accepted. Patients are advised to call 203-622-7851 for further
assistance. Credit cards will not be accepted. For more information about the Greenwich Health and Wellness Expo please contact:
As an overall planning department for older persons in Greenwich, the Town of Greenwich Commission on Aging has been an official department of Town government since 1975. Their mission is to improve the quality of life for older Greenwich residents through planning, coordination, advocacy, education and Senior Center programming.
The Greenwich Commission on Aging:
• Manages the Greenwich Senior Center
• Advocates on behalf of older adult residents, as a class, in the Town of Greenwich
• Identifies unmet needs of older adults, conducts research and collects data
• Provides information to the community on the needs of older adults, serves as a clearing house for disseminating information and providing education on issues affecting older adults and caregivers
• Facilitates information on programs and benefits, as well as referral to services
• Convenes meetings and serves as a forum for issues concerning older adults, as a class
• Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with community, professional and governmental agencies
• Administers Medicare & Health Insurance Counseling and Share-the-Fare Taxi Voucher program
• Publishes the Resource Guide for Older Adults and coordinates the Aging Well series and Caregivers Circle program
• Works cooperatively with residents, Town Departments and Community Stakeholders on the designation of Greenwich as an Age and Dementia Friendly community