After careful consideration and deliberate discussions with clinical leadership, Greenwich Hospital announced Monday that they will resume limited patient visitation.
Effective Tuesday, March 9, patients in the following categories will be allowed one (1) visitor per day. No visitor rotation or swapping will be permitted with the exception of end-of-life circumstances. Please note these categories are limited to COVID-negative patients only.
• Intensive Care Unit: one visitor, from 2 – 6 pm, no swapping
• Inpatients units: one visitor, from 2 – 6 pm, no swapping
• Patients with same day surgery: one visitor or support person to accompany patient
• Emergency Department: one designated support person for duration of visit. Visitor must stay in the Emergency Department
• Inpatient Pediatrics: one parent with patient
• Labor & Delivery/Maternity: one visitor
Several criteria guide Greenwich Hospital’s visitation policy and restrictions. For several weeks, the state and region have seen a downward trend in hospital admissions, positivity rates and asymptomatic patients. Wastewater studies predict a further decrease in community cases and hospitalization. As always, Greenwich Hospital must balance safety with the provision of compassionate and patient-centered care, fully understanding that the support of family members or care partners can enhance outcomes and the overall patient experience.