Lifeguard duties include:
- Under the immediate supervision of superiors; safeguard bathers, prevent submersion and other accidents by minimizing or eliminating dangerous situations and assist bathers in distress
- Rescue and proficiently perform CPR in cases of asphyxia
- Administer standard first aid; maintain safety equipment and requisition first aid supplies as needed.
- Safeguard and regulate the conduct of patrons in order to prevent accidents and drowning
- Be alert in order to note bathers in distress and process immediately to their rescue and effect resuscitations, if necessary
- Maintain a watchfulness over bathers and avoid prolonged conversation with the public or other distracting influences
- Educate and enforce all bathing safety rules and regulations and Town Beach ordinances
- Perform other similar or related duties as required or assigned
- Check beach for glassware, sharps, medical waste and floatables.
- Perform the maintenance duties required for the safe and healthy operation of the swimming facility
- Fill out and submit to Head Lifeguard, Caretaker, or Lifeguard Supervisor/Pool Manager all necessary reports including rescue, accident or pool log reports
The town is also hiring summer swimming instructors for the new Greenwich Pool in Byram Park. Youth swim lessons for ages 4 and older will be held for three sessions at the new pool. Classes will be mornings from Monday through Thursday with a rain date on Fridays. Registration will begin online April 30. For additional details, click here.
Click here for the Town of Greenwich Employment Application page and apply online.