UPDATE, Tuesday, April 15: According to Marni Lane from the Greenwich Town Party, people can now purchase tickets at Greenwich Town Hall, as well as order them online at the Greenwich Town Party website.
And, next time you’re in Town Hall, stop by the lobby to pick up one of the cool car magnets they’re giving away with the message, “Display your car magnet proudly to show support for our community. Post a photo on fcebook and Instagram to be entered to win GTP tickets and merchandise. #GTP2014”
A week ago, on April 7, online ticket sales began for the May 24 event. This year, in order to accommodate more people for the popular sell-out event, a satellite location up the hill at Havemeyer Field, with live performances running concurrently, will supplement the original event venue and main stage at Roger Sherman Baldwin Park. Havemeyer Field is behind the Board of Ed building at 290 Greenwich Ave.
With the stated goal of uniting our large and diverse town made up of different neighborhoods behind one common purpose, celebration, both events will feature live music.
Carlos Santana headlines the Greenwich Town Party South “venue” and George Clinton & Parliament-Funkadelic will headline the Greenwich Town Party “North” venue. Santana will be broadcast into the GTP North venue from 8:00-9:00pm.
Though the GTP South location tickets have already sold out, $400 “Neighbor” tickets are available and entitle holders access to both North and South locations, designated parking and access to a hospitality tent, and free shuttle service.
Tickets also remain available for the GTP North Havemeyer Field venue at $50 per ticket (children 12 and under free, seniors 65+ $20).
Tickets can only be ordered online. Greenwich residents, Greenwich business owners or employees of either the town or a local business are eligible to purchase tickets, which may be picked up at Greenwich Town Hall in advance of the event, or at the event’s will-call line.
Children’s activities are planned at both venues from 10:00am – 2:00PM including face painting, carnival booths, performers, inflatables, and arts & crafts.
Both venues will feature popular food trucks including Caffé Bon, MeltMobile and LobsterCraft at the GTP North location. At GTP South, food will be available from Primary, BSF, Fjord Fisheries, Aux Delices and other favorites.
The GTP North events conclude at 9:00pm, while the GTP South Carlos Santana is set to play until 10:00p.m.
Entertainment Lineup for Greenwich Town Party North (Havemeyer Field)
- 10:00 AM – GTP NORTH opens for admission
- 11:00 – 11:30 AM – Julia Zivic and the Brothers
- 11:30 – 12:30 PM – Band Together Latin All-Stars
- 12:35 – 1:10 PM – Bobby Palatuf Band
- 1:10 – 2:40 PM – The Fab Faux
- 2:45 – 3:10 PM – Unchained
- 3:10 – 4:25 PM – Dr. Dog
- 4:30 – 4:55 PM – Mongolian Monkfish
- 4:55 – 6:10 PM – Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
- 6:15 – 6:40 PM – Rang-A-Boom
- 6:40 – 7:55 PM – George Clinton & Parliament-Funkadelic
- 8:00 – 9:00 PM – Carlos Santana via broadcast
Lineup for Greenwich Town Party South (Roger Sherman Baldwin Park)
- 10:00 AM – Greenwich Town Party South opens for admission
- 11:00 – 11:40 AM – Brunswick School Honors Improv Band
- 12:05 – 12:45 PM – Charlie Brennan with Whitney Rose Terry
- 1:00 – 2:00 PM – Dr. Dog
- 2:05 – 2:30 PM – The New Breed
- 2:30 – 3:45 PM – Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
- 3:50 – 4:15 PM – The Bob Button Band
- 4:15 – 5:30 PM – The Fab Faux
- 5:35 – 6:00 PM – RiverSideWays
- 6:00 – 7:30 PM – Buddy Guy
- 7:30 – 7:55 PM – Stella Blue’s Band
- 8:00 – 10:00 PM – Carlos Santana