By Janine Vairo
If you do not know what to make on Valentine’s Day and do not want to dine out…this heart shaped pizza is the perfect way to show someone you love them on Valentine’s Day.
It is also very cute for a V-day pizza party and what better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with the kids than with this heart-shaped pizza? It will make them feel even more extra special. I recently had the opportunity to watch this pizza being made by Tony and Frank from Heights Pizza in Darien and I thought I would share this easy and delicous recipe.
Should you choose to make it yourself for Valentine’s Day or any other day, here is the recipe:
Ready made dough makes this recipe come together in no time. I prefer the dough at Trader Joe’s. You can go the more healthier route too and get whole wheat dough.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 loaf of ready made bread dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce (prepared or your own homemade)
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 18-20 slices of pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- If using a pizza stone or cast iron pizza pan, sprinkle with cornmeal. If using a cookie sheet or metal pizza pan, grease with olive oil, then sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and stretch or roll out to a thickness of 1/2-inch. Shape into a heart. You can use a cutter to create this shape. Prick several places with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with pizza sauce, leaving a 1-inch border all the way around.
- Sprinkle cheese over sauce.
- Outline with pepperoni in a heart shape.
- Bake another 10-20 minutes until pizza is golden and bubbly.
Check out my step-by-step photos.
Eat, laugh and be happy! Happy V-Day!
Janine blogs about party ideas, recipes, home decor and trends in the real estate market.