The Greenwich Senior Center is thankful to First Presbyterian Church and all of their dedicated, heartfelt 78 volunteers for roasting turkeys, cooking, baking, carving, packing and delivering meals to seniors in Greenwich – the most vulnerable of all during this pandemic.
In total, the church delivered 215 meals to senior citizens.
First Presbyterian Church, located at the top of Greenwich Avenue, has a 23 year history of preparing and serving annual Thanksgiving meals for seniors at the church. This was the first year the model switched to 100% deliveries.
This is an example of generosity and grace, when so many parishioners joined in to help.
First Presbyterian Church said it seeks to offer compassionate aid to those in need for all people within and beyond its walls.
About the Town of Greenwich Commission on Aging:
As an overall planning department for older persons in Greenwich, it has been an official department of Town government since 1975. Their mission is to improve the quality of life for older Greenwich residents through planning, coordination, advocacy, education and Senior Center programming.
• Manages the Greenwich Senior Center
• Advocates on behalf of older adult residents, as a class, in the Town of Greenwich
• Identifies unmet needs of older adults, conducts research and collects data
• Provides information to the community on the needs of older adults, serves as a clearing house
for disseminating information and providing education on issues affecting older adults and caregivers
• Facilitates information on programs and benefits, as well as referral to services
• Convenes meetings and serves as a forum for issues concerning older adults, as a class
• Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with community, professional and governmental agencies
• Administers Medicare & Health Insurance Counseling and Share-the-Fare Taxi Voucher program
• Publishes the Resource Guide for Older Adults and coordinates the Aging Well series and Caregivers Circle program
• Works cooperatively with residents, Town Departments and Community Stakeholders on the designation of Greenwich as an Age and Dementia Friendly community