The crèche on the front lawn of the First Congregational Church in Old Greenwich will again welcome live sheep on Friday, Dec 19.
Some of you may remember the excitement last year when Barney and Po got out of their pen and took off into Binney Park across the street. This year, the fence has been reinforced and the sheep will be ready to greet visitors through the Christmas Season.
And then on Sunday, December 21, the Fourth Sunday of Advent, from 11:30 am to 2:00 pm, humans will join the sheep by the outdoor crèche for an Interactive Live Nativity.
New this year The Buzz Truck will also be on hand with coffee, tea, hot chocolate and other goodies (from 11:30 am-1:30 pm). Your first cup will be on the Church when you come by to check out this unique sight, visit the sheep and sing some Christmas carols. So don’t miss the fun!
And, as always, all are invited to join First Church on Christmas Eve. There are some new service times this year:
- 10:00 am – Lessons and Carols for Young Families: This service is especially for families with young children and includes a live Nativity in the church’s historic Meetinghouse; Cherub Choir sings.
- 3:00 pm – Family Service: This service includes “Once in Royal David’s City” children’s pageant; Children’s Choir sings.
- 4:00 pm – Community Carol Sing: ALL are invited to gather around the crèche on the front lawn of the Church to sing some of our favorite carols of the season.
- 6:00 pm – Festival Carol Service with Brass Ensemble: “Once in Royal David’s City” Nativity pageant; Chancel Choir sings.
- 9:00 pm – Candlelight Service with Communion: The Meetinghouse is illuminated by candlelight while we share in the magic of the season; Youth/Alumni Choir sings.