The iconic board game, Monopoly – available in 114 countries and over 47 languages – has expanded to release a customized, geographic game board for Greenwich.
Created and manufactured by Top Trumps USA, Inc, under license from Hasbro, the official owner of the Monopoly game and brand, the game is available for purchase at local retailers.
“After months in the making, our entire team is so excited to finally share what we’ve been working so hard to capture over the past few months – how tight-knit, beautiful, friendly and energetic Greenwich truly is,” said Afolabi Omotola, Partnerships Manager, Top Trumps USA, Inc in a release. “Just in time for the holiday season, we worked hard to incorporate all of the important feedback we received from locals to truly make this a fun game for the community.”
Beloved icons, businesses and favorite locations that are highlighted on the board include:
• Greenwich Avenue holds the board’s most iconic and most expensive piece of real estate with a bright blue square, costing four hundred Monopoly dollars to purchase. Closely following, Bruce Park occupies the second priciest square on the board at three hundred and fifty Monopoly dollars.
• Greenwich Hospital, an important community member involved in the day-to-day health and wellness of Greenwich, is featured in a prominent red square.
• Miller Motorcars, sought after for its luxury automobile offerings to match the luxury real estate offerings on our board, is also featured in a prominent red square.
• Iconic parks and beloved outdoor spaces featured include Binney Park, Byram Park, Great Captain Island, Greenwich Harbor, Greenwich Point, Island Beach and Roger Sherman Baldwin Park.
• Historical locations including Bush-Holley House and Putnam Cottage are also featured.
• Arts, culture and nature are all well-loved areas in town, so the Audubon Center, Bruce Museum and Greenwich Library are important pieces of real estate on the board.
• Greenwich Town Hall encourages town business transactions to still take place, even in Monopoly!
• Hop on the railroad at Cos Cob, Greenwich, Old Greenwich or Riverside stations!
• Lastly, three celebrated and much-looked forward to annual events – the Film Festival, Car Show and Town Party – are also up for sale!
With all squares on the board completely personalized for the Greenwich community, the Community and Chance cards also feature a local twist.
Greenwich Monopoly is available at local and online retailers, including Back 40 Mercantile, The Bruce Museum Shop, Funky Monkey Toys, Party Paper & Things, Greenwich Historical Society Museum Store, The Greenwich Hospital Gift Shop, Miller Motorcars, Smart Kids Toys, Splurge Gifts and Zyn’s and Amazing Toys in Stamford.