The historic Cos Cob campus comes alive on Friday, December 3 with a festive line-up of holiday cheer for all ages to enjoy.
The day kicks off at 9:30 am with a hands-on wreathmaking workshop sponsored by Red Flower Truck. Participants will create distinctive, personalized wreaths with a selection of decorations provided. The Festival of Trees offers uniquely decorated trees for purchase or bid via a silent auction all day. Holiday Festival Family Night gets underway at 4pm, with activities that will put everyone in a joyful spirit.
Family Night 4:00 – 7:00pm:
- Gingerbread Decorating & Crafts: 4:00 – 6:00pm
Kids of all ages can take their creativity to a new level by decorating gingerbread men presented by Greenwich’s own Black Forest Bakery.
- Jonathan Kruk’s One-Man ‘A Christmas Story’
Kruk will delight with an imaginative blend of theater and storytelling in the Barn. The New York Times describes Kruk as having “a way with the spoken word, the telling gesture, the sprinkling of humor, and the appropriate costume for a smorgasbord of stories.” Performing in Dickensian garb, he creates gripping vignettes with dynamic dialogue, transforming into Scrooge, Cratchit, Marley, Tiny Tim, and all the spirits. Seating is first-come first-served.
- Holiday Sing Along: Performances at 4:45pm and 6:00pm
Noted composer Tom McCoy’s score blends traditional Christmas carols with ambient motifs. Seating is first-come first-served.
- Photos with Santa: Begins at 6:00pm
Santa will charm children and adults with photo opportunities and Christmas wishes in the Barn.
- Candlelight Holiday Tours of Historic Bush-Holley House: Begins at 4:00pm
Tours continue every 15 minutes for an intimate look at how Christmas was spent by the Bush and Holley families in the Colonial and Art Colony eras.
Sweets, treats, s’mores and festive drinks will be served in Wonderland Tents.
- For more information and to purchase tickets for Holiday Festival family night: https://greenwichhistory.org/holiday-festival/. To purchase tickets for the Wreathmaking Workshop: https://greenwichhistory.org/event/holiday-wreathmaking-workshop-with-the-red-flower-truck/