Connecticut State Police released the name of the pedestrian who killed after being struck by several vehicles on I-95 the morning of November 19.
The collision took place at 6:24am and I-95 north was shut down for several hours.
In an updated accident summary, state police said a next of kin notification had been made and the the OCME identified the fatally injured pedestrian as Jose Daniel Martinez-Perez, 34.
Police said Mr. Martinez-Perez was in the right travel lane near exit 6 when he was struck by the first vehicle and projected to the left where he was subsequently struck by at least two other vehicles, which did not stop at the scene. The fourth vehicle, a Honda Odyssey, which was merging from the center lane into the left lane was unable to avoid hitting Mr. Martinez-Perez. That vehicle remained on scene. The driver and passenger had no apparent injuries.
No additional information has been obtained about the three other vehicles involved.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has dash-0camera footage from between 6:10am to 6:25am is asked to contact Troop G at (203) 696-2500 or Trooper Bonilla #1183 at [email protected].
Original story:
Pedestrian Killed on I95 Wednesday Was Struck by Four Vehicles; One Remained on Scene Nov 21, 2025